- Volume 13 Issue 4
Missiles suffer from flight instability problems at high angles of attack, since vortex flow over a fuselage cause lateral force to the body. To overcome this problem at a high angle of attack, the development of a real time vortex controller is needed. In this paper, Proper Orthogonal Decomposition (POD) and feedback controllers are developed for real time vortex control. The POD method is one of the most well known techniques for modeling low order models that represent the original full-order model. An adaptive control algorithm is used for real time control.
POD;ANN-ARX;OPD;real time feedback control
- Hamel, N., Corriveau, D., Wong, F., and Rainville, P.-A., "Numerical Investigation on the Leeside Vortex Manipulation of a Generic Missile", 23rd AIAA Applied Aerodynamics Conference, Toronto, Canada, 2005.
- Kwon, H. J., "Flutter Stability Prediction Using the Unsteady Aerodynamic Reduced-Order Model", Ph.D. thesis, Division of Aerospace Engineering, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, KAIST, 2003.
- Pindera, M. Z., "Adaptive flow control using simple artificial neural networks", 40th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting & Exhibit, Reno, Nevada, 2002.
- Siegel, S. G., Seide, J., Fagley, C., Luchtenburg, D. M., Cohen, K., and Mclaughlin, T., "Low-dimensional modelling of a transient cylinder wake using double proper orthogonal decomposition", Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 610, 2008, pp. 1-42.
- Sirovich. L., "Turbulence and the dynamics of coherent structures Part I: Coherent Structures", Applied Mathematics, Vol.45, No.3, 1987, pp. 561-571.
- Sahan, R.A., Koc-Sahan, N., Albin, D.C. and Liakopoulos, A., "Artificial neural network based modeling and intelligent control of transitional flows", Proceeding of 1997 IEEE International Conference on Control Applications, Hartford, Connecticut, 1997.
- Kaufman, H., Barkana, I., and Sobel, K., Direct Adaptive Control Algorithms Theory and Applications, 2nd Edition, Springer-Verlag New York Inc, New York, 1997.
- Lee, C. Y., Park, S. H, Cho, S. I., and Lee, I., "Delayed-Detached Eddy Simulation for Optical Path Control on Backward-Facing Step Flow", Seventh International Conference on Computational Fluid Dynamics, Big Island, HI, 2012
- Driver, S. M., and Seegmiller, H. L., "Features of a Reattaching Turbulent Shear Layer in Divergent Channel Flow", AIAA Journal, Vol. 23, No. 2, 1985, pp. 163-171. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.8890
- Gilbert, K. G., and Otten, L. J., "Aero-Optical Phenomena", Progress in Astronautics and Aeronautics, Vol. 80, 1982, pp. 1-9.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : Agency for Defense Development of Korea, National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)