- Volume 13 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Development of Airworthiness Database System with Validation Process for Design Programs of General Aviation Aircraft
- Received : 2012.09.04
- Accepted : 2012.11.29
- Published : 2012.12.30
In this paper, a design process is established by integrating aviation safety requirements for the development of general aviation aircraft. An Airworthiness-Design Integration System, which integrates certification requirements with the entire design/analysis process, is developed and presented. For the proposed system, KAS 23/FAR 23/AC 23/CS 23 certification regulations are analyzed to determine design constraints and system compliance checks and to construct an ER&G (Engineering Requirement and Guide) and a Design-Certification Related Table (DCRT). Furthermore, through building a DB (Data Base), the management of design and certification related resources for developing a FAR 23 class aircraft are made. Certification tools and resources are also efficiently managed by the DB. The connection between the certification requirements and the detailed design process is proposed in this system. Tracking of this proposed method is validated by configuring a USE CASE and a system. The Airworthiness-Design Integration system will be constructed based on the system's design plan, certification system, and usage scenarios.
Airworthiness;Database;Integrated System;Design Process
- Cho, G.H., Yoon, J.W., Lee, J.W., Byun, Y.H., Kim, S.H., Lee, H.J., and Kim, I.K., "Small Aircraft Certification Process during Design and Development Stage", Conference of Korea Society for Aeronautical and Space Science, Pyeongchang, Korea , 2008.
- Levine, W.S., and Tischler, M.B, "CONDUIT- Control Designer's Unified Interface", Computer Aided Control System Design, 1999. Proceedings of the 1999 IEEE International Symposium, Hawaii, UAS , 22-27, August, 1999.
- Colbourne, J., "The Development of the CONDUIT Advanced Control System Design and Evaluation Interface with a Case Study Application to an Advanced Fly by Wire Helicopter Design", NASA/TM-1999-208763, AFDD/TR-99-A-005, March, 1999.
- Calin Gologan, "PC-Aero", URL: http://www.pc-areo.de, 21, March, 2011.
- Eric, L., Binnig, C., Kossmann, D., Ozsu, M.T., and Hon, W.K., "A framework for testing DBMS features", The VLDB Journal, Vol. 19, No. 2, 2010, pp. 203-230. DOI 10.1007/s00778-009-0157-y. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00778-009-0157-y
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), "Code of Federal Regulations 14 Parts 1 to 59", U.S Government Printing Office, Washington DC, USA, 2008.
- Minister of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, "Korean Airworthiness Standards", KAS/Part 23, 2006.
- Kim, C.Y., Kim, H.K., Han, S.H., "Developing a Technology Roadmap for Construction R&D through Interdisciplinary Research Efforts", Automation in Construction Journal, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 330-337, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2008.09.008
- IBM Corporation, "Using Telelogic DOORS ", http://www.telelogic.com, 2008.
- European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), "Certification Specifications, Including Airworthiness Code and Acceptable Means of Compliance, for Normal, Utility, Aerobatic and Commuter Category Aeroplane", http://www.easa.eu.int/home/index.html, 5, February, 2009.
- Boeing, "DR&O (Design of Requirements and Objectives)" http://www.fire.tc.faa.gov/pdf/CR-2001-210903.pdf, 30, June, 2000"
- Lee, J.W, "Development of Airworthiness-Design Integration Technology", Aviation Safety R&D Center Phase-1 Report, 2009.
- Yoon, J.W., Lee, J.W., Kim, S.H., Byun, Y.H., Lee, H.J, and Kim, I.K., "Flap Design Revision by Considering Airworthiness at Conceptual Design Stage", Conference of Korea Society for Aeronautical Science and Flight Operations, Seoul, Korea, 2009.
- Cho, G.H, Park, H.U, Jeon, K.W, Lee, J.W, Byun, Y.H., Kim, S.H., and Chang, J.W., "A Logical 14 Approach For Evaluating Preliminary Shape Design of a Very Light Jet", 26th International Congress of the Aeronautical Sciences including 8th AIAA Aviation Technology, Integration and Operations, Anchorage, Alaska , USA, September 2008.
- Schemensky, R.T, "Development of an Empirical Based Computer Program to Predict the Aerodynamic Characteristics of Aircraft Empirical Methods", Defense Technical Information Center, Vol.1, pp 1-198, 1973.
- Kay, J, Mason, W.H., Durham, W., Lutze, F., and Benoliel, A., "Control Authority Issues in: Aircraft Conceptual Design: Critical Conditions, Estimation Methodology, Spreadsheet Assessment, Trim and Bibliography", Aircraft Design Related Reports, 1993.
- McDonnell Douglas Astronautics Company, " Public Domain Aeronautical Software", The USAF Stability and Control DATCOM, Vol.1, User Manual, 1999, pp 2-67.
Supported by : Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime affairs of Korean government