- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Analysis on the Results of Fatigue Survey for Marine Officers
해기사의 피로도 현황에 대한 조사 분석
- Yang, Won-Jae (Division of Maritime Transportation System, Mokpo National Maritime University)
- 양원재 (목포해양대학교 해상운송시스템학부)
- Received : 2012.11.30
- Accepted : 2012.12.27
- Published : 2012.12.31
Fatigue is known to detrimentally affect a person's performance. Also, fatigue may reduce effectiveness and efficiency of marine officers and crew members. The purpose of this research is to understand on the status of the marine officers' fatigue. In this study, we carried out the questionnaire survey which is related to the marine officers' fatigue factors such as work, sleep and rest hour or period, sleepiness, casual factor, fatigue symptom, etc. The questionnaire contained 25 questions and it was distributed among 1,033 marine officers(deck officers 607 and engineers 426). The results of this survey show that marine officers' fatigue is a casual factor in marine accidents such as collisions, groundings and there was a fatigue difference between deck officers and engineers.
피로도는 인간의 업무수행능력에 유해한 영향을 미치는 것으로 알려져 있다. 또한 피로도는 해기사와 선박승무원의 효율성과 능률을 감소시킬 수 있다. 본 연구의 목적은 해기사들의 피로도 현황을 파악하기위한 것이다. 본 연구에서는 해기사의 피로도 요소와 관련된 근무, 수면 및 휴식시간이나 기간, 졸음, 유발요인, 피로도 증상 등에 대한 설문조사를 실시하였다. 설문조사는 25문항 이었으며, 1,033명의 해기사(항해사 607명, 기관사 426명)를 대상으로 실시하였다. 설문조사 결과 해기사의 피로도는 충돌, 좌초와 같은 해양사고 유발요인의 하나이며, 항해사와 기관사의 피로도는 서로 차이가 있었다.
- KIOST(2009), Development of prevention and management technology for human-related marine accident, Report, pp. 1-45.
- IMO(1997), Code for the Investigation of Marine Casualities and Incidents., Res. A. 849(20), pp. 1-10.
- IMO(2000), Appendix 2, Guidance for the Investigation of Human Factors in Marine Casualties and Incidents, Res. A. 884(21), pp. 1-20.
- IMO(2001), Guidanceance on Fatigue Mitigation and Management, MSC/Circ. 1014, pp. 3-28.
- Rhodes, W. and V. Gil(2002), Fatigue Management Guide for Canadian Marine Pilots, pp. 3-16.
- USCG(1996), Procedures for Investigating and Reporting Human Factors and Fatigue Contributions to Marine Casualties, Report No. CG-D-09-97, pp. 1-25.
- USCG(1998), Crew Fatigue and Performance on U.S. Coast Guard Cutters, Report No. CG-D-10-99, pp. 1-31.
- Yang, W. J.(2004), A Study on the Fatigue Factor as a Cause of Human Error, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 1-6.
- Yang, W. J.(2008), A Study on the Fatigue Investigation Program for Marine Accidents, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 77-82.
- Yang, W. J.(2009), A Basic Study on the Fatigue Analysis Model for Marine Officers, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 217-222.
- A Basic Study on Implementing Optimal Function of Motion Sensor for Bridge Navigational Watch Alarm System vol.38, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2014.38.6.645
- A Study on the Job Stress Management of Korean Maritime Pilots vol.27, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2015.27.3.833
- A Study on the Improvement of On-board Training Program through the Analysis of Satisfaction Level vol.19, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2013.19.3.270
- A Detection System of Drowsy Driving based on Depth Information for Ship Safety Navigation vol.20, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2014.20.5.564
- A Study on the Fatigue Analysis by the Boarding Period on Training Ship vol.22, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2016.22.2.160