- Volume 2 Issue 4
Evaluation of Characteristics of CBN Honing Stone for Cylinder Liner Honing of Marine Diesel Engine
DOI QR Code
Jeong, Jae-Hyun;Kim, Jong-Sun;Lee, Yeon-Chang;Lee, Sung-Yul;Moon, Kyung-Man;Kim, Yun-Hae
- 투고 : 2012.10.02
- 심사 : 2012.11.30
- 발행 : 2012.11.30
The cylinder liner of a low speed engine is one of the most important parts of the marine diesel engines used in merchant ships. However, a sufficient degree of precision in the manufacturing method for these cylinder liners has never existed. Conventional honing stones have always been used for machining large marine cylinder liners. Therefore, it is necessary to develop a honing process that optimizes the honing characteristics. In this study, a CBN honing stone was manufactured to improve the honing performance for a cylinder liner and shorten the processing time, and machining experiments on a practical cylinder liner were carried out. Then, a comparison was made between the CBN honing and honing with a conventional GC stone using parameters such as the honing time, machining quantity, and honing cost. As a result, for a #60 CBN stone, the machining amount was significantly improved compared to the conventional one by about
Cylinder liner;Marine diesel engine;Honing;CBN honing stone;Finish honing
- Joint translated by Lee, J.C., Yu, I.S., Grinding & Machining with Super abrasive, Munundang, (2000), 87-92.
- Kim, S.Y., et al., Cast engineering, Boseong Culture Co. (1992), 48-53.
- Usui E.I., Cutting and grinding process, Kyouritsu-Syuttpan, 2003), 23-28.
- Kim, C.K., Cho, S.H., FE Analysis on the Design Safety of Inner Tank Bottom Plate in Considering of Cryogenic Temperature Loads, Journal of the Korean Institute of Gas, 8 (3) (2004),.8-15.
- Flynn, T.M., Cryogenic engineering, second ed., Marcel Dekker, (2005), 75-82.