- Volume 23 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Multi-Band Antenna Design by Controlling Characteristic of Third Order Mode
고차 모드 주파수 특성 제어 다중 대역 안테나
- Yu, Jaekyu (Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Zhang, Rui (Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Liu, Yang (Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Lee, Jaeseok (Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Hyung-Hoon (Biomedical Engineering, Kwangju Women's University) ;
- Kim, Hyeongdong (Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering, Hanyang University)
- 유재규 (한양대학교 전자컴퓨터통신공학과) ;
- 장서 (한양대학교 전자컴퓨터통신공학과) ;
- 류양 (한양대학교 전자컴퓨터통신공학과) ;
- 이재석 (한양대학교 전자컴퓨터통신공학과) ;
- 김형훈 (광주여자대학교 보건의료공학과) ;
- 김형동 (한양대학교 전자컴퓨터통신공학과)
- Received : 2012.08.07
- Accepted : 2012.11.14
- Published : 2012.12.31
This paper presents a new method for designing a dual-band WIFI antenna using the third-order harmonic mode of a monopole antenna whose first-order mode operates at the low frequency band of WIFI. As analysing the current distribution of the third-order mode of this monopole antenna, the strongest point of electric field can be found. Then by attaching a stub at this point, the resonant frequency of the stub radiator can be adjusted from the third-order mode of the monopole antenna into the high frequency band of WIFI and the input impedance at this resonant frequency can be controlled with the width of the branch, without affecting the low frequency band of WIFI (the first-order mode of the monopole antenna). The compact dual-band antenna is designed at the size of an USB(universal serial bus) dongle and the bandwidth covers 600 MHz(2.3~3 GHz) at 2 GHz and 1 GHz(4.9~5.9 GHz) at 5 GHz under -10 dB which is satisfied with WLAN frequency. Efficiency of proposed antenna achieves over 50 % at WLAN frequency.
Multi-Band Antenna;Current Distribution;Controlling Impedance;Resonance Frequency
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Robert E. Collin, Foundations For Microwave Engineering, McGraw-Hill, Inc., p. 605, 1992.
- S. Behera, K. J. Vinoy, "Microstrip square ring antenna for dualband operation", Progress in Electromagnetics Research, PIER 93, pp. 41-56, 2009.
- Y. -C. Lee, J. -S. Sun, "Compact printed slot antennas for wireless dualand multi-band operations", Progress in Electromagnetics Research, PIER 88, pp. 289-305, 2008.
- R. -K. Raj, M. Joseph, B. Paul, and P. Mohanan, "Compact planar multiband antenna for GPS, DCS, 2.5/5.8 GHz WLAN applications", Electron. Lett., vol. 41, pp. 290-291, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1049/el:20058035
- Y. -S. Wang, M. -C. Lee, and S. -J. Chung, "Two PIFA-related miniaturized dualband antennas", IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagat., vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 805-811, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2007.891843
- B. S. Yarman, Design of Ultra Wideband Antenna Matching Networks, Springer-Verlag New York Inc., pp. 93-96, 2008.
- David M. Pozar, Microwave Engineering, Third Edition, Wiley, pp. 300-302, 2005.
- Roger F. Harrington, Time-Harmonic Electromagnetic Fields, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., pp. 95-134, 2001.
- David M. Pozar, Microwave Engineering, Third Edition, Wiley, pp. 291-298, 2005.