- Volume 23 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Compact C-Band Semi-Lumped Lowpass Filter with Broad Stopband Using a Chip Inductor
칩 인덕터를 사용하여 광대역 저지 특성을 갖는 소형 C-밴드 Semi-Lumped 저역 통과 여파기
- Jang, Ki-Eon (School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Lee, Gi-Moon (Precision-Guided Munitions System Integration Department, Hanwha Corporation) ;
- Kim, Ha-Chul (Department of Electrical Engineering, Republic of Korea Naval Academy) ;
- Choi, Hyun-Chul (School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Kyungpook National University)
- Received : 2012.06.26
- Accepted : 2012.12.05
- Published : 2012.12.31
The C-band semi-lumped lowpass filter with broad stopband and compact size characteristic using chip inductor is proposed. To provide an additional attenuation pole in stopband by SRF, a separable inductor is added to proposed structure, and it has broad stopband characteristic. The third order elliptic function lowpass filter with chip inductor(L: 9.1 nH, SRF: 5.5 GHz, Q: 25) has insertion loss of 0.38 dB, cutoff frequency of 920 MHz, broad stopband(below 20 dB) of 1.43~7.8 GHz and the size is reduced 37.4 % compared to distributed inductor.
Elliptic Function Lowpass Filter;Chip Inductor;Self Resonance Frequency
Supported by : 경북대학교
- G. L. Mattaei, L. Young, and E. M. T. Jones, Microwave Filters, Impedance Matching Networks and Coupling Structures, Artech House, pp. 83-112, 1980.
- I. Bahl, P. Bhartia, Microwave Solid State Circuit Design, John Wiley & Son, pp. 286-291, 2003.
- W. H. Tu, K. Chang, "Microwave elliptic-function low-pass filters using distributed elements or slotted ground structure", IEEE Trans. MTT, vol. 54, no. 10, pp. 3786-3792, Oct. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2006.882896
- L. -H. Hsieh, K. Chang, "Compact elliptic-function low-pass filters using microstrip stepped-impedance hairpin resonators", IEEE Trans. MTT, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 193-199, Jan. 2003.
- J. G. Lee, W. S. Lee, J. J. Ryu, Y. K. Moon, J. H. Jang, H. C. Kim, and H. C. Choi, "Compact semilumped elliptic-function low-pass filter using microstrip meander line", Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., vol. 49, no. 7, pp. 1777-1779, Jul. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.22545
- K. Kim, S. Kim, H. Han, I. Park, and H. Lim, "Compact microstrip low-pass filter using shunt open stubs and coupled slots on ground plane", Eletron. Lett., vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 313-314, Mar. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1049/el:20040226
- S. Hasegawa, T. Yasuzumi, T. Uwano, and O. Hashimoto, "A compact LPF with broad stopband characteristics using hairpin structure and chip-capacitor", in Proc. Asia Pacific Microwave Conf., Singapore, pp. 2588-2590, Dec. 2009.
- J. -W. Sheen, "A compact semi-lumped low-pass filter for harmonics and spurious suppression", IEEE Microw. Guide Wave Lett., vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 92-93, Mar. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/75.845707
- www.murata.com(Datasheet of LWQ15A chip inductor)
- Jia-Sheng Hong, M. J. Lancaster, Microstrip Filters for RF/Microwave Applications, John Wiley & Son, pp. 44-46, 2001.