- Volume 23 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
An Analysis of Radio Frequency Interferences in L-Band SAR Images
L-대역 SAR 영상에서의 간섭 신호 영향 분석
- Lee, Seul-Ki (Department of Electronic Engineering and Avionics, Korea Aerospace University) ;
- Lee, Woo-Kyung (Department of Electronic Engineering and Avionics, Korea Aerospace University) ;
- Lee, Jae-Wook (Department of Electronic Engineering and Avionics, Korea Aerospace University)
- Received : 2012.09.25
- Accepted : 2012.12.03
- Published : 2012.12.31
SAR(Synthetic Aperture Radar) systems can provide images of wide coverage in day, night, and all-weather conditions. However wideband SAR systems are known to be vulnerable to interferences from other devices operating at in-band or adjacent spectrums and this may lead to image corruptions. In this paper, a SAR point target simulator is developed that provides performance analysis on image distortion caused by interferences from other devices. Interference signals are generated based on the experimental data observed from acquired SAR raw data. Simulation results include typical SAR performance measures such as spatial resolution, peak to sidelobe ratio and integrated sidelobe ratio. Finally, SAR target simulations are performed and shown to correspond to the image corruptions found in real SAR missions affected by RF interferences.
Supported by : 방위사업청, 국방과학연구소
- F. Zhou, R. Wu, M. Xing, and Z. Bao, "Eigensubspace- based filtering with application in narrowband interference suppression for SAR", IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 75-79, Jan. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/LGRS.2006.887033
- Feng Zhou, Mengdao Xing, Xueru Bai, Guangcai Sun, and Zheng Bao, "Narrow-band interference suppression for SAR based on complex empirical mode decomposition", IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 423-427, Jul. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/LGRS.2009.2015340
- X. Wu, D. Dai, and X. Wang, "Study on SAR jamming measures", IET International Conference on Radar Systems, pp. 176-179, 2007.
- 이영중, 김인선, 박주래, 곽현규, 신욱현, "SAR 위성에 대한 재밍 효과 분석", 한국군사과학기술학회지, 13(2), pp. 252-257, Mar. 2010.
- M. Shimada, "L-band radio interferences observed by the JERS-1 SAR and its global distribution", International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium, vol. 4, pp. 2752-2755, Jul. 2005.
- Andreas Reigber, Laurent Ferro-Famil, "Interference suppression in synthesized SAR images", IEEE Geosci. Remote Sens. Lett., vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 45-49, Jan. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/LGRS.2004.838419
- P. A. Rosen, S. Hensley, and C. Le, "Observations and mitigation of RFI in ALOS PALSAR SAR data: Implications for the DESDynI mission", Radar Conference, pp. 1-6, 2008.
- Bruno Juhal, Georges Vezzosi, and Marc Le Goff, "Radio Frequency interference suppression for noisy ultra wide band sar measurements", Ultra-Wideband Short-Pulse Electromagnetics 4, pp. 387-393, 1999.
- Feng Zhou, Mengdao Xing, "Narrow-band interference suppression for SAR based on complex empirical mode decomposition", IEEE Geosci. Remote Sens. Lett., vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 423-427, Jul. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/LGRS.2009.2015340
- K. Dumper, "Spaceborne synthetic aperture radar and noise jamming", IET International Conference on Radar Systems, pp. 411-417, 1997.