- Volume 23 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Resonant Transmission through C-Shaped and H-Shaped Small Apertures and the Mutual Coupling Effect between Two C-Shaped Apertures
C-형태와 H-형태의 소형 개구에 의한 공진 투과 및 C-형태 개구 간의 상호 결합 효과
- Ko, Ji-Hwan (School of Electronics Engineering, Kumoh National University of Technology) ;
- Cho, Young-Ki (School of Electronics Engineering, College of IT Engineering, Kyungpook National University)
- Received : 2012.10.16
- Accepted : 2012.12.04
- Published : 2012.12.31
Transmission cross section characteristics as a measure of transmission efficiency has been analyzed numerically for the H-shaped and C-shaped small apertures in the infinite conducting plane when illuminated by a plane wave. It has been found that C-shaped aperture has the larger transmission cross section than that of H-shaped aperture under the condition of the same perforated aperture area. Main attention has been focused on studying the mutual coupling effect between two C-shaped apertures on the transmission cross section characteristic. Parallel configuration which is composed of two C-shaped apertures arranged along the x-axis and collinear configuration which is composed of two C-shaped arrayed along the y-axis have been investigated from the viewpoint of enhanced transmission cross section characteristics.
Small Aperture;Resonant Transmission;Ridge-Loaded Aperture;Aperture Resonance
Supported by : 금오공과대학교
- X. Shi, L. Hesselink, "Design of a C aperture to achieve /10 resolution and resonant transmission", J. Opt. Soc. Am. B., vol. 21, no. 7, pp. 1305-1317, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1364/JOSAB.21.001305
- E. X. Jin, X. Xu, "Finite-difference time-domain studies on optical transmission through planar nano-apertures in a metal film", Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 407-417, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1143/JJAP.43.407
- J. E. Park, J. I. Lee, J. W. Ko, and Y. K. Cho, "Physics in resonant transmission on the small aperture coupling", in Proceedings ISAP'09, pp. 887-890, 2009.
- J. E. Park, J. Yeo, J. W. Ko, and Y. K. Cho, "Resonant transmission of an electrically small aperture with ridge", J. of Electromagnetic Waves and Appl., vol. 23, pp. 1981-1990, Nov. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1163/156939309789932502
- H. A. Bethe, "Theory of diffraction by small holes", Phys. Rev., vol. 66, no. 7-8, pp. 163-182, Oct. 1944. https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRev.66.163
- Roger F. Harrington, "Resonant behavior of a small aperture backed by a conducting body", IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 205-212, Mar. 1982. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.1982.1142761
- 고지환, 이종익, 조영기, "소형 공진 개구의 2차원 주기적 배열에 의한 전자파 산란", 한국전자파학회논문지, 22(3), pp. 320-326, 2011년 3월.
- 고지환, 조영기, 여준호, 이종익, "리지가 장하된 소형 원형 개구의 공진 투과에 관한 연구", 한국전자파학회논문지, 22(6), pp. 654-660, 2011년 6월.
- M. J. Lockyear, A. P. Hibbins, J. R. Sambles, and C. R. Lawrence, "Enhanced microwave transmission through a single subwavelength aperture surrounded by concentric grooves", Journal of Optics A, vol. 7, pp. S152-S158, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1088/1464-4258/7/2/020
- S. S. Akarca-Biyikli, I. Bulu, and E. Ozbay, "Resonant excitation of surface plasmons in one-dimensional metallic grating structures at microwave frequencies", Journal of Optics A, vol. 7, pp. S159-S164, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1088/1464-4258/7/2/021
- H. Caglayan, I. Bulu, and E. Ozbay, "Extraordinary grating-coupled microwave transmission through a subwavelength annular aperture", Optics Press, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 1666-1671, Mar. 2005.
- F. Bilotti, L. Scorrano, E. Ozbay, and L. Vegni, "Enhanced transmission through a sub-wavelength aperture: resonant approaches employing metamaterials", Journal of Optics A, vol. 11, 114029(8pp), 2009. https://doi.org/10.1088/1464-4258/11/11/114029
- S. M. Rao, D. R. Wilton, and A. W. Glisson, "Electromagnectic scattering by surfaces of arbitrary shape", IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 409-418, May 1982. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.1982.1142818
- Experimental Validation of Resonant Microwave Transmission Through Subwavelength Ridged Circular Apertures in Thin Conducting Screen vol.55, pp.10, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.27817