- Volume 23 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Performance Analysis of an Energy Detection Based Cooperative Spectrum Sensing with a Single Threshold in the Presence of Noise Uncertainty
잡음 전력의 불확실성이 존재하는 환경에서 단일 임계값을 사용하는 에너지 검파 기반 협력 스펙트럼 감지의 성능 분석
- Lim, Chang Heon (Department of Electronic Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- 임창헌 (부경대학교 전자공학과)
- Received : 2012.11.05
- Accepted : 2012.12.03
- Published : 2012.12.31
An energy detection based spectrum sensing has been found to be vulnerable to the noise power uncertainty. A cooperative spectrum sensing with an energy detector has appeared as one of the solutions to alleviate this difficulty. However, its performance analysis in a fading environment has not been reported yet in the literature. Motivated by this, this paper presents the performance analysis of the scheme by extending our previous work on evaluating the performance of an energy detector in the presence of noise power uncertainty. The analysis shows that the false alarm probability and detection probability gets higher as the sensing time and/or the number of the secondary users in the OR based cooperative spectrum sensing scheme increase when the noise power uncertainty exists.
Cognitive Radio;Cooperative Spectrum Sensing;Energy Detection;Noise Uncertainty;Decision Fusion
- J. Mitola, G. Q. Maguire, "Cognitive radio: making software radios more personal", IEEE Pers. Commun., vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 13-18, Aug. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/98.788210
- T. Yucek, H. Arslan, "A survey of spectrum sensing algorithms for cognitive radio applications", IEEE Comms. Surveys, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 116-130, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/SURV.2009.090109
- D. Cabric, A. Tkachenko, and R. Brodersen, "Spectrum sensing measurements of pilot, energy, and collaborative detection", Proc. IEEE Military Commun. Conf., pp. 1-7, Oct. 2006.
- R. Tandra, A. Sahai, "SNR walls for signal detection", IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 4-17, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSTSP.2007.914879
- K. Hamdi, X. N. Zeng, A. Ghrayyeb, and K. B. Letaief, "Impact of noise power uncertainty on cooperative spectrum sensing in cognitive radio systems", IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference, pp. 1-5, 2010.
- G. Wei, L. Wang, D. Zhang, and S. Zhang, "The effect of noise uncertainty to the performance of energy detection in cooperative detection", IEEE International Conference on Broadband Network and Multimedia Technology, pp. 614-618, 2010.
- B. Shent, L. Huang, C. Zhao, Z. Zhou, and K. Kwak, "Energy detection based spectrum sensing for cognitive radios in noise of uncertain power", International Symposium on Communications and Information Technologies, pp. 628-633, 2008.
- C. H. Lim, "Effects of noise power uncertainty on energy detection for spectrum sensing", Journal of the IEEK, Telecommunications, vol. 48, no. 11, pp. 22-27, 2011.
- H. Urkowitz, "Energy detection of unknown deterministic signals", Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 55, no 4, pp. 523-531, 1967. https://doi.org/10.1109/PROC.1967.5573
- I. S. Gradshteyn, I. M. Ryzik, Table of Integral, Series, and Products, Academic Press, 1965.