- Volume 23 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Numerical Analysis of the Ground Penetrating Radar's Return Signal for Mine Detection at Various Frequencies and Soil Conditions
다양한 주파수 및 토양 조건에서 지뢰 탐지용 지표투과레이더 수신신호의 수치해석
- Hong, Jin-Young (Department of Military Electronic Communication, Yeungjin College) ;
- Ju, Jung-Mung (Department of Electronic Information and Communication Engineering, Hongik University) ;
- Han, Seung-Hoon (Samsung Thales Co., Ltd.) ;
- Oh, Yisok (Department of Electronic Information and Communication Engineering, Hongik University)
- Received : 2012.10.19
- Accepted : 2012.12.10
- Published : 2012.12.31
Return signals of a ground penetrating radar(GPR) for mine detection at various frequencies and soil moisture contents are analyzed in this paper. We first compute the dielectric constant, conductivity and attenuation loss based on clay loam which is Korea standard soil. The mine-detection images of GPR at various frequencies are also obtained using the finite-difference time-domain(FDTD) technique. Then, the signal-to-clutter ratio(SCR) and received power of the radar are studied. It is shown that the variable frequency channels are suitable for a GPR to detect landmines at various soil conditions.
GPR;Mine Detection;FDTD;Soil Moisture Content;Dielectric Constant
Supported by : 삼성탈레스
- M. Metwaly, A. Ismail and U. Matsushima, "Evaluating some factors that affect feasility of using ground penetrating radar for landmine detection", Applied Geophysics, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 221-230, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11770-007-0026-7
- 농촌진흥청 농업기술연구소, 한국토양총설, 1992.
- F. T. Ulaby, R. K. Moore, and A. K. Fung, Microwave Remote Sensing Active and Passive, vol. III, Artech House, 1986.
- P. Symes, M. Dalton, and P. Buss, "Developments in soil moisture sensing for improved landscape water management", http://www.irrigation.org.au
- M. C. Dobson, F. T. Ulaby, M. T. Hallikainen, and M. A. EL-Rayes, "Microwave dielectric behavior of wet soil-part II: Dielectric mixing models", IEEE TGRS, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 35-46, Jan. 1985.
- M. I. Skolnik, Radar Handbook, McGrawHill, ch 21.8, 2008.
- Design of a Microwave Radiometer Receiver for Soil Moisture monitoring vol.9, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2014.9.2.173