- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Sensitivity Analysis of Parameters Affecting Indoor Air Quality Related to TVOC and HCHO Reduction
- Kang, Hae Jin (Taubman College, University of Michigan) ;
- Kim, Mi Yeon (SH Corporation Research Institute) ;
- Rhee, Eon Ku (Department of Architecture, Chung-Ang University)
- Received : 2012.06.28
- Accepted : 2012.09.20
- Published : 2012.09.30
The objective of the study is to analyze the relative performance of factors affecting indoor air quality in multi-residential buildings in Korea. A study of the factors affecting indoor air quality is essential for establishing indoor air quality management strategies effectively. To observe the indoor air quality response following a modification of a given parameter, a sensitivity analysis was performed. The factors examined for the analysis include; wall/ceiling paper, adhesive for wall/ceiling paper, floor material, adhesive for floor material, and ventilation rate. The Experimental Design which identifies main effects among the design parameters with a few experiments was used to decrease the number of experiments. The simulation for indoor air quality was undertaken using a validated equation. Then, ANOVA(Analysis of Variance) was performed to evaluate the relative importance of each parameter affecting the indoor air quality. The result of the study indicates that the indoor air quality may be influenced most by adhesive for wall/ceiling paper, followed by ventilation rate and adhesive for floor material.
Indoor Air Quality;Sensitivity Analysis;Analysis of Variance;Residential Building;TVOC;HCHO
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- Hiroshi, Y., Junhong Z., Yasuko, Y., Kazukiyo, K., Yoeyong, N., Zhenhai,L., Jing, L., Takayuki S., Hiroyuki, M and Yukio, H. (2005), A Study on Indoor Air Quality of Urban Residential Building in China, Journal of Asian Architecture and Building Engineering, 4(2), 495-500 https://doi.org/10.3130/jaabe.4.495
- Go, E.H. (2005) A Study on the Prediction of the Concentrations of Newly Built Multi-family Residential Buildings' Indoor Pollutants in Relation to the Selection of Finishing Material. Seoul: Master's Thesis, The Graduate School, Chung-Ang University.
- Pang, S.K., Cho, W.J. and Sohn, J. Y. (2006) Characteristics of VOCs Emission According Interior Finish Materials and Working Phases of New Apartment, Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, 18(6), 486-492
- Park, M.S. (2004) Indoor Air Quality Process Test Method. Seoul : The Ministry of Environment.
- Park, Y.S. and Lee, K.D. (2006) Experimental Study on the Effect of Environmentally Friendly Materials on Indoor Air Quality in New Apartment Buildings. Journal of, 6(22), 139-142
- Yu, H.K., Park, J.C. and Rhee, E.K., (2005) A Study on a Poper Reduction Process of Indoor Air Pollutants in Newly- Constructed Multi-Family Houses, Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, 17(5), 468-476
- Development of a systematic model for an assessment tool for sustainable buildings based on a structural framework vol.104, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2015.07.015