- Volume 21 Issue 12
This study has been carried out to verify curative effect of lavender and lawn, a green space composition factor. Thus, the physiological index value of blood pressure, heart rate and salivary amylase were measured with object of 16 women in their 20~30s for stress relaxation effect at lavender garden and lawn square, and impression assessment upon SD method as for psychological value was performed in this study. And a survey was conducted on necessity and reason of urban green space with object of 345 men and women urban workers. As a result of variance analysis between groups and multi test of Turkey upon object place, the blood pressure was lowered the same at lavender garden and lawn square, and especially, high blood pressure was greatly lowered to 30 mmHG at lavender garden. On the other hand, low blood pressure group showed the tendency of a little increasing at the same places. And for the pulse, there was difference between high blood pressure group and normal group at the same places. To conclude, at lavender garden and lawn square the blood pressure was made to be lowered when it's high, and when it's low, the effect of returning to sound status, the function of increasing, was verified. In case of impression assessment upon SD method, the lawn square was assessed as resting place and lavender garden diversional place. And over 90% of urban workers responded to the green space's necessity and curative effect, diversion and resting place were adopted for the reason in high-ranking items. As above the green space pattern that urban workers require and curative effect of lavender garden and lawn square were verified. Therefore, the functional green space plan is required, which curative effect, diversion and resting place are considered, for the future green space plan design.
- Cho, T. D., 1998, Herb, Dea won sa.
- Cho, T. D., 2006, Herb of Korea, Dea won sa.
- Cho, T. D., Song, J. H., 2002, Herb&Aromalife, Dea won sa.
- Government Public Relations, 1994, Public opinion poll about the greening promotion.
- Hagiwara, K., 2001, Take to Immunology, Kodansha scientific.
- Iwasaki, Y., 2008, Hospital greening using therapeutic effect of plants -Role of revegetation in preventive medicine age-, Hospital, 67-11, 979-983.
- Iwasaki, Y., 2008, Landscape design using psychological and physiological effects, Journal of Japan Institute of Healthcare Architecture, 159, 2-3.
- Iwasaki, Y., 2008, Study on stress easing effects by aroma of greening trees in city, Journal of Japan Association on Odor Environment, 39-4, 231-238.
- Iwasaki, Y., Yamamoto, S., Ishii, M., Watanabe, M., 2007, Study on physiology and psychological effect of lawn ground and lavender field in city park, Journal of the Japanese Society of Revegetation Technology, 33-1, 116-121.
- Jo, H. J., Fujii, E., Cho, T. D., 2010, An Experimental Study on Physiological and Psychological Effects ofPine Scent, Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture, 141, 38-4, 1-10.
- Komori, T., 2000, Physiological effects of scents and clinical application, Aroma Science Forum, 1, 18-19.
- Kweon, H. J., Asano, F., Iwasaki, Y., Yamamoto, S., 2005, Effect of tearing tasks with aroma plant (Mentha piperita var. vulgalis) and paper on the cerebral oxygenation, Journal of the Japanese Society for Horticultural Science, 73(2), 505.
- Lee, M. H., Koh, J. W., Cho, T. D., 2011, The Effects of Herb Aroma Components on the Reduction of Depression - Focused on University Students -, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 20-4, 435-442. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2011.20.4.435
- Matsuo, E., 1999, From gardening to hortitherapy -Horticultural Well-Being and Horticultural Therapy by effect of gardening-, Garden Center, 20-8, 20-23.
- Ministry of Land Infrastructure Transport and Tourism, 2005, Social Research on the Relation between quantity of green in the city and the psychological effect.
- Miyazaki, Y., 1994, Forest Bathing and Relaxation, Aromatopia, 6, 156-159.
- Nasu, M., Iwasaki, Y., Ishii, M., Takaoka, Y., 2008, Improvement of urban environment utilizing therapeutic effect of green spaces, Journal of the Japanese Society of Revegetation Technology, 34-3, 502-507. https://doi.org/10.7211/jjsrt.34.502
- Uehara, I., 2003, Introduction of the forest therapy, Forest economy.
- Yamada, H., 2001, The book about the rooftop greening, interaction.
- Yamada, H., 2004, Landscape Planning for Heat Island Measures, Journal of the Japanese Institute of Landscape Architecture, 67-2, 194-197.