- Volume 21 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Impacts of Changes of Temperature and Precipitation Amount on Red Pepper Yields
기온 및 강수량 변동이 노지 건고추 단수에 미치는 영향
Cho, Jae-Hwan;Suh, Jeong-Min;Kang, Jum-Soon;Hong, Chang-Oh;Kim, Jin-Ho;Lee, Sang-Gyu
- Received : 2012.09.17
- Accepted : 2012.12.03
- Published : 2012.12.31
The purpose of this article is analyzing the impacts of climate change on red pepper yield in Korea, with employing a panel data regression model. Our results show that there is a negative impacts of high temperature and precipitation amount on red pepper yields. Especially high temperature and rainfall in July cause serious damage to red pepper yield. According to the reduction schedule on greenhouse gas emission(RCP 8.5 scenario.), red pepper yield would be 25.4% lower than it is, for reasons of high temperature and rainfall damages by the end of 21st century.
Red pepper yield;Negative impacts of high temperature and rainfall;Panel data regression model
- Baltagi, B. H., 2008, Econometric Analysis of Panel Data, 4th ed., Wiley & Sons.
- Cho, J. H., Cho, D. R., 1992, Determinant Factors for Demand and Supply for Apples, Pears, and Oranges, Korea Rural Economic Institute.
- Desai, P., 1986, Weather and Grain Yields in the Soviet Union, International Food Policy Research Institute, Research Report 54.
- Francisco, E. M., Guise, J. W. B., 1988, A Note on Establishing Yield-Rainfall Relationships, Elsevier Science Publishers B. V.
- Han, S. H., Lee, B. H., Park, M. S., Seung, J. H., Yang, H. S., Shin, S. C., 2011, A Study of Building Crop Yield Forecasting Model considering Meteorological elements, Research Report P152, Korea Rural Economic Institute.
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change(IPCC), 2007, Fourth Assessment Report (AR4).
- Kim, C. G., Jeong, H. K., 2010, Weather Impacts on Rice Production in Korea, Korean Journal of Agricultural Management and Policy, 37(4), 621-642.
- Kwon, O. S., Kim, C. G., 2009, Climate Change and Rice Productivity: Nonparametric and Semiparametric Analysis, Korean Journal of Agricultural Economics, 49(4), 45-64.
- Kwon, O. S., Lee, H. J., Roh, J. S., 2010, The Impacts of Agricultural R＆D Expenditures on Food Self- Sufficiency, Korean Journal of Agricultural Economics, 51(2), 109-125.
- Lee, Y. S., Jeong, H. K., Sim, S. B., 2005, A Study on Determinants of Seasonal Supply and Price of Produce in Korea: With Special Emphasis on Weather, Research Report R94, Korea Rural Economic Institute.
- Min, I. S., Choi, P. S., 2010, STATA Panel Data Analysis, The Korean Association of STATA.
- National Institute of Meteorological Research, 2011, Future global climate change estimates calculated, Climate Research Division, Press Release(2011.6.27).
- Pope, A. C., Earl, O. H., 1982, The Effects of Technological Progress and Weather on Corn Belt Crop Yields, CARD Report 113T.
Supported by : 농촌진흥청