- Volume 23 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
H-Plane 8-Way Rectangular Waveguide Power Divider Using Y-Junction
Y-Junction을 이용한 H-평면 8-Way 구형 도파관 전력 분배기
- Lee, Sang-Heun (School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Yoon, Ji-Hwan (School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Yoon, Young-Joong (School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Kim, Jun-Yeon (Agency for Defense Development) ;
- Lee, Woo-Sang (Agency for Defense Development) ;
- Park, Seul-Gi (Electronic Warfare R&D Center, LIG Nex1 Co. Ltd.)
- 이상흔 (연세대학교 전기전자공학과) ;
- 윤지환 (연세대학교 전기전자공학과) ;
- 윤영중 (연세대학교 전기전자공학과) ;
- 김준연 (국방과학연구소) ;
- 이우상 (국방과학연구소) ;
- 박슬기 (LIG넥스원(주) 연구개발본부 전자전연구센터)
- Received : 2011.09.27
- Accepted : 2011.12.19
- Published : 2012.02.29
This paper proposes a H-plane 8-way rectangular waveguide power divider using Y-junction. A general N-way power divider can be composed of multi-stage T-junctions. However, if the distances of output ports are close, the matching characteristic is not improved by using only T-junctions because of space limitation. In this case, since other types of 3-port junctions should be used to final output stage, Y-junctions are used with T-junctions in this paper. The proposed Y-junction uses the tapered-line impedance transformer and inductive irises to improve impedance matching characteristic. The 8-way power divider using Y-junction is fabricated and measured. The measured return loss and insertion loss from input port to output port are -30.8 dB and -9.3 dB at operating frequency, respectively. The measured maximum phase difference is about
Waveguide;H-Plane Power Divider;T-Junction;Y-Junction;Feed Network
- J. Uher, J. Bornemann, and U. Rosenberg, Waveguide Components for Antenna Feed Systems: Theory and CAD, Artech House, 1993.
- 이용민, 홍완표, 신철재, 강준길, 나극환, "자계면 T-접합을 이용한 무궁화 III호 위성용 다이플렉서의 설계 및 제작에 관한 연구", 한국전자파학회논문지, 10(4), pp. 582-593, 1999년 8월.
- J. Joubert, S. R. Rengarajan, "Design of unequal Hplane waveguide power dividers for array applications", Microwave Journal, vol. 40, pp. 1636-1639, Feb. 1997.
- S. -S. Han, S. -Y. Lee, H. -W. Ko, D. -H. Park, and B. -C. Ahn, "Design equations for the H-plane power divider with a circular post in a rectangular waveguide", Journal of the Korean Institute of Electronic Engineering and Science, 4(4), pp. 150-155, Dec. 2004.
- J. -H. Bang, S. -M. Hwang, S. -G. Lee, and B. -C. Ahn, "Design formulas for the H-plane septum power divider in a rectangular waveguide", Microwave Opt. Tech. Lett., vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 390-393, Jun. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.10927
- J. Dittloff, J. Bornemann, and F. Arndt, "Computer aided design of optimum E- or H-plane N-furcated waveguide power dividers", 17th European Microwave Conference, vol. 1, pp. 181-186, 1987.
- S. X. Hu, S. Z. Zhu, "FDTD analysis of H-plane forked T-junction with full-height ferrite of arbitrary shape", China-Japan Joint Microwave Conference, vol. 1, pp. 22-26, 2008.
- T. Sehm, A. Lehto, and A. V. Raisanen, "A highgain 58-GHz box-horn array antenna with suppressed grating lobes", IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 47, pp. 1125-1130, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/8.785742
- R. -X. Zhang, Z. -M. Xie, and Q. -X. Chu, "A new horn array feed for parabolic cylindrical reflector antenna", Asia-Pacific in Microwave Conference, vol. 1, pp. 1-4, 2007.
- M. Kishihara, I. Ohta, and K. Yamane, "Multi-stage, multi-way microstrip power dividers with broadband properties", Ieice Trans. Electron., vol. E89-C, no. 5, pp. 622-629, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1093/ietele/e89-c.5.622
- D. M. Pozar, Microwave Engineering, 3rd Ed., New York: Wiley, ch. 7.2, 2005.