- Volume 23 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Performance Improvement of PSAM Channel Estimation Method for OFDM Systems over Frequency-Selective Channel
주파수 선택적 채널에서의 OFDM 시스템을 위한 PSAM 채널 추정 기법의 성능 개선
- Kim, Young-Soo (Department of Electronic and Radio Engineering, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Bae, Jeong-Gook (S/W Development Team, Wireless Business Group, Samsung Electronics)
- Received : 2012.01.13
- Accepted : 2012.01.16
- Published : 2012.02.29
In this paper, we propose a method to improve performance of pilot symbol assisted modulation(PSAM) channel estimation method for OFDM systems over frequency selective channel. When channel values are estimated, the low pilot density used for channel estimation increases not only the effective data rate but also power efficiency. Thus, the lower pilot density which is used for channel estimation is better for OFDM system. At first, we estimate the channel values which are located at the middle of adjacent pilots, and then all of the possible channel values are estiamted by using original pilot values and previously estimated pilot values. Furthermore, the error of estimated channel values is reduced by introducing guard interval which is designed acccording to maximum channel delay. Performance achieved with the proposed method is illustrated by simulation experiments in comparison with the existing methods in terms of mean squared error(MSE).
Channel Estimation;OFDM System;PSAM;MMSE
Supported by : 경희대학교
- Henrik Schulze, Christian Luders, Theory and Application of OFDM and CDMA, Wiley, 2005.
- Jan-Jaap van de Beek, Ove Edfors, and Ola Borjesson, "On channel estimation in OFDM systems", In Proc. VTC'95, vol. 2, pp. 715-719, Rosemont, IL, Jul. 1995.
- M. Sandell, O. Edfors, "A comparative study of pilot- based channel estimators for wireless OFDM", Research Report TULEA 1996:19, Div. of Signal Processing, Lulea University of Technology, 1996.
- Y. Li, "Pilot-symbol-aided channel estimation for OFDM in wireless systems", IEEE Trans. Vehicular Technology, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 1207-1212, Jul. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/25.875230
- Sinem Coleri, Mustafa Ergen, Anuj Puri, and Ahmad Bahai, "Channel estimation techniques based on pilot arrangement in OFDM systems", IEEE Trans. Broadcasting, vol. 48, no. 3, Sep. 2002.
- Louis L. Scharf, Statistical Signal Processing, Addison-Wesley, 1991.
- Richard van Nee, Ramjee Prasad, OFDM Wireless Multimedia Communication, Artech House, 2000.
- L. hanzo, M. Munster, B. J. Choi, and T. Keller, OFDM and MC-CDMA for Broadband Multi-User Communications, WLANs and Broadcasting, Wiley, 2003.
- Pilot Assisted Channel Frequency Response Estimation for an OFDM System with a Comb-Type Pilot Pattern vol.39A, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2014.39A.6.333