- Volume 23 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Applicator of Hyperthermia with Compact Dipole Antenna Array
소형화된 다이폴 안테나 배열 구조를 이용한 고온 온열 치료 전자기파 방사체
- Kim, Ki-Joon (Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Choi, Woo-Cheol (Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Choi, Jae-Hoon (Department of Electronic Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Yoon, Young-Joong (Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Yonsei University)
- Received : 2012.01.20
- Accepted : 2012.01.27
- Published : 2012.02.29
The compact dipole antenna elements and array structure is proposed. The array structure is designed for applicator in regional hyperthermia treatment to enhance the uniformity of the heat distribution which makes the treatment effective and prevents overheating. The compact dipole is designed with branched dipole and matching network to have small size and symmetric shape. The temperature simulation with specific absorption rate(SAR) and bio-heat equation is performed to have heat distribution. The applicator is designed, fabricated, and measured with multi-channel thermometer in 30 and 60 minutes. The simulation and measurement results showed agreement and the simulation in body circumstance has proper temperature result for hyperthermia therapy.
Supported by : 방송통신위원회
- J. Overgaard, Hyperthmic Oncology. MI : Taylor & Francis, ch. 1, 1984.
- B. Hildebrandt, P. Wust, O. Ahlers, A. Dieing, G. Sreenivasa, T. Kerner, R. Felix, and H. Riess, "The cellular and molecular basis of hyperthermia", Critical Reviews in Oncology / Hematology, vol. 43, pp. 33-56, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1040-8428(01)00179-2
- M. Horsman, J. Overgaard, "Hyperthermia: a potent enhancer of radiotherapy", Clinical Oncology, vol. 19, Mar. 2007.
- C. Kowal, J. Bertino, "Possible benefits of hyperthermia to chemotherapy", Conference on Hyperthermia in Cancer Treatment, San Diego, Calif, Sep. 1978.
- 김동현, "생체나노자성입자의 제조를 통한 교류자기장하의 국부온열 요법 적용", 연세대학교 박사학위논문, 2006년.
- F. Rossetto, P. Stauffer, "Theoretical characterization of dual concentric conductor microwave applicators for hyperthermia at 433 MHz", INT. J. Hyperthermia, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 258-270, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1080/02656730010029342
- E. Gelvich, V. Mazokhin, "Contact Flexible Microstrip Applicators(CFMA) in a range from microwaves up to short waves", IEEE Trans. on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 49, no. 9, pp. 1015-1023, Sep. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TBME.2002.802053
- G. Van Rhoon, P. Rietveld, and J. Van Der Zee, "A 433 MHz lucite cone waveguide applicator for superficial hyperthermia", INT. J. Hyperthermia, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 13-27, 1998. https://doi.org/10.3109/02656739809018211
- A. Ibrahiem, C. Dale, "Analysis of the temperature increase linked to the power induced by RF source", Progress in Electromagnetics Research, PIER 52, pp. 23-46, 2005.
- A. Vorst, A. Rosen, and Y. Kotsuka, RF/Microwave Interaction with Biological Tissues, John Wiley, 2006.
- M. Ebrahimi-Ganjeh, A. Attari, "Study of water bolus effect on SAR penetration depth and effective field size for local hyperthermia", Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, vol. 4, pp. 273-283, 2008. https://doi.org/10.2528/PIERB08011403
- 이순용, 서원범, 권결, 최재훈, "MICS 대역과 ISM 대역에서 인체 전기적 상수를 갖는 준(準)고체형 플랫 팬텀 제작", 한국전자파학회논문지, 23(1), pp. 101-107, 2012년 1월.
- 김기준, 최우철, 윤영중, "고온 온열 치료용 소형화 나선형 다이폴 안테나", 한국전자파학회종합학술대회발표회, 2011년 11월.
- 김기준, 최우철, 윤영중, "표재성 암 고온 온열치료기기용 소형화 대칭형 다이폴 안테나", 한국전자파학회 종합학술대회발표회, 2011년 11월.