- Volume 23 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Calculation of the Electromagnetic Fields Distribution around the Human Body and Study of Transmission Loss Related with the Human Body Communication
인체 통신에 따른 인체 주변에서의 전기장 분포 계산 및 전송 손실 연구
- Ju, Young-Jun (Department of Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Graduate School, Dankook University) ;
- Gimm, Youn-Myoung (School of Electronics and Electrical Engineering, College of Engineering, Dankook University)
- Received : 2012.02.23
- Accepted : 2012.02.23
- Published : 2012.02.29
Human body communication means transmitting and receiving data through human body medium or through free space along with the human body skin. Electric field distribution around the human body between the transmitter and the receiver were calculated at five different frequencies with 5 MHz interval between 10 MHz and 30 MHz. Commercial electromagnetic simulation tool was used for the calculation of E-field distributions applying the Korean standard male model including 29 different kinds of human tissues. After calculating specific absorption rate(SAR) values on back of the hand, it was compared with International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection(ICNIRP) human protection guideline. While conductivities(
Human Body Communication;E-Field Distribution;RF Channel Loss;Human Exposure to Electromagnetic Field
Supported by : 단국대학교
- T. G. Zimmerman "Personal area network : Nearfield intrabody communication", IBM System Journal, vol. 35, no. 3&4, pp. 609-617, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1147/sj.353.0609
- 권찬용, "특허로 살펴본 인체 통신의 시대, 어디까지 와 있는가?", Biotechnology Special Zine, 2007년 1호, 2007년 11월.
- 변진규, 이애경, "전자파 인체 보호 기준의 국제표준화 동향", 한국전자파학회지 전자파기술, 17(4), pp. 19-23, 2006년 11월.
- 방송통신위원회고시, 제2009-27호 전자파 인체보호기준, 2009년 11월.
- International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection(ICNIRP), "Guidelines for limiting exposure to time-varying electric, magnetic, and electromagnetic fields(up to 300 GHz)", Health Physics Society, Health Physics Journal, vol. 74, no. 4, pp. 494-522, Apr. 1998.
- Ae-kyoung Lee, Woo Young Choi, Min Suk Chung, Hyung-do Choi, and Jae-ick Choi, "Development of Korean male body model firstname.lastname@example.org computational dosimetry", ETRI Journal, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 107-110, Feb. 2006. https://doi.org/10.4218/etrij.06.0205.0024
- http://niremf.ifac.cnr.it/docs/DIELECTRIC/AppendixA. html
- Yoon-Myoung Gimm, Dong-Yeol Lee, Yu-Ri Lee, and Young-Jun Ju, "Calculation of the electromagnetic fields and SAR distribution around the human body and transmission loss related with the human body communication", Proceeding of the Bioelectromagnetics Society 33rd Annual Meeting, Presentation no. 03-6, Jun. 2011.
- Namjun Cho, Jerald Yoo, Seong-Jun Song, Jeabin Lee, Seonghyun Jeon, and Hoi-Jun Yoo, "The human body characteristics as a signal transmission medium for intrabody communication", IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., vol. 55, no. 5, pp. 1080-1086, May 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2007.895640