- Volume 23 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Altitude Error Analysis of Helicopter-Borne FMCW Radar Altimeter
헬기 탑재 레이다 고도계 신호 수집 및 오차 분석
- Jung, Jung-Soo (Department of Avionics, Korea Aerospace University) ;
- Lee, Ho-Jun (LIG NEX1) ;
- Kwag, Young-Kil (Department of Avionics, Korea Aerospace University)
- Received : 2012.01.02
- Accepted : 2012.01.26
- Published : 2012.02.29
Helicopter-borne FMCW radar altimeter obtains the altitude information using the beat frequency between the transmitted and reflected signal from the nadir direction. However, the altitude error may exist when the strong echoes are received from the large RCS at the off-nadir direction because of the wide beamwidth of the altimeter antenna. In this paper, in order to investigate the effect of the altitude error due to the large RCS around the off-nadir direction, the reflected signals were measured by using the corner reflectors displaced on the several reference ground positions, and the acquired signals were analyzed and compared in the spectral domain. The analysis results can be used for the improvement of the altitude accuracy in the radar altimeter.
Radar Altimeter;FMCW;Beat Frequency;Radar Cross Section
- H. J. Hanson, R. Lindop, and D. Majstorovic, "Collision avoidance W-band FMCW radars in an altimeter application", Australian Government Department of Defence, Defence Science and Technology Organisation, DSTO-TR-1939, Edinburgh, Australia, Aug. 2006.
- K. Araki, M. Sinriki, S. Nishimoto, and H. Itou, "Observation of fractal scattering from ground surfaces using millimeter wave radar altimeter", Electron. Comm. Jpn, vol. 83, issue 12, pp. 25-36, Jun. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1002/1520-6424(200012)83:12<25::AID-ECJA3>3.3.CO;2-T
- I. V. Komarov, Fundamentals of Short-Range FM Radar, Arewch House, pp. 3-10, 2003.
- 김세윤, 이호준, 현영오, "FMCW 방식의 전파 고도계에서 수신 신호 요동에 대한 영향을 감소하기 위한 다중 필터의 설계", 한국전자파학회논문지, 21(10), pp. 1073-1199, 2010년 10월.