- Volume 20 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on Environmental Assessment of Bikeway based on ANP Model for Sustainable Green Road
지속가능 녹색 도로 조성을 위한 ANP 모델 기반 자전거도로 환경 평가 방안
- Lee, Ji Hwan (Dept. of GeoInformatic Engineering, Inha University) ;
- Joo, Yong Jin (Aerial GeoInformatics, Inha Technical College) ;
- Park, Soo Hong (Dept. of GeoInformatic Engineering, Inha University)
- Received : 2012.07.20
- Accepted : 2012.12.14
- Published : 2012.12.31
As part of recent sustainable transport, bike has come into the spotlight as a green transport at close range to link between walking and public transit and also alterative to solve problems of existing vehicle travel. Some arguments on promotion of using bicycles have already been made in Europe, the U.S and other developed countries. To be sure, much has been written extensively in description of utilization of bike oriented by supplier, for examples, Level of Service with bike path, infrastructure such as bicycle racks and lounge etc. Therefore, our study has been differentiated in development of new evaluation model focused on level of bike user's satisfaction, comprehensively considering suitability for bikeway installation, connectivity of the public transportation system and stability in Incheon City. ANP(Analytic Network Process) analysis which is able to allow consideration of the interdependence of criteria has been hired due to multi-collinearity instead of AHP used in multi-criteria decision analysis. Last but not least, we drew bike route on a case-by-case for maintenance and improvement of its facility in Namdong-gu and Bupyeong-gu. To conclude, suggested finding has dem onstrated the validity of evaluation scheme for bikeways which is appropriate for type and purpose and ultimately this can be used to establish policy decision making for improvement of bikeway.
Bikeway;Analytic Network Process(ANP);Sustainable Transport;Green Road
- Saaty, T. L. 1996, Decision Making with Dependence and Feedback: The Analytic Network Process, RWS Publication, Pittsburgh.
- Ahn, S. M; Kim, J. Y; Choi, B. G; Na, Y. W. 2011, A Study Selection Methods of Bike Route in Conjuction with the Subway Line using GIS, Paper presented at the Conference of Geo-Spatial Information 2011 Fall, October 28.
- Chung, T. H; Cho, Y. S; Kang, K. W. 2011, An Evaluation for the Investment Priority of Bicylce Road: A Case Study of Osan City, Gyeonggi Research Institute GRI Review, 13(1):234-252.
- Furth, P. G. 2009, Bicycle Priority Lanes: A Proposal for Marking Shared Lanes.
- Incheon, 2007, Incheon Basic Plan Overhaul about Bicycle Facilities.
- Joo, Y. J; Kim, S. H. 2011, A New Route Guidance Method Considering Pedestrian Level of Service using Multi-Criteria Decision Making Technique, Journal of Korea Spatial Information Society, 19(1):83-91.
- Joo, Y. J; Lee, S. I; Kim, T. H. 2011, Development of Web Based Walking Environmental Measurement System Using the Analytic Hierarchy Process Approach, Journal of The Korean Society for GeoSpatial Information System, 19(1):3-11.
- Kang, H. Y; Jang, Y. G; Kim S. S; Kang, I. J. 2007, A Study about Application of BiCycle Information System(BCIS) based on GIS for Tansfer and Connectivity of Bicycle-User, Paper presented at the 33th Conference of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, October 10-13.
- Kang, K. M; Kim, E. C. 2011, Developing Bike Road Design Alternatives Considering Land Use Characteristics, Journal of the Korean Society of Road Engineers, 13(3):93-102.
- Kim, S. S; Song, K. W; Jung, H. Y; Ha, S. W. 2011, A Study on the Effect of Bicycling Environment in the Route choice of Bicycle Commuters, Journal of The Korea Planners Association, 46(2):223-233.
- Kueper, D. A. 2007, Road Diet Treatment in Ocean City, New Jersey [USA], Accident Reconstruction Journal, 77(2):18-22.
- Lee, J. Y; Leem, Y. T. 2010, The Establishment of B-TOD Concept and Setting up Transit Access Distance by Cycling, Journal of The Korea Planners Association, 45(6):149-160.
- Lee, K. H; Kim, S. N; Ahn, K. H. 2008, Effects of Land Use and Urban Form on Bicycle Commuting in Small and Medium-sized Cities, Journal of The Korea Planners Association, 43(5):49-61.
- Li Z; Wang, W; Liu, P; Ragland, D. R. 2012, Physical Environments Influencing Bicyclists' Perception of Comfort on Separated and on-Street Bicycle Facilities, Transportation Research Pard D: Transport and Environment, 17(3):256-261. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trd.2011.12.001
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, 2010, Bicycle Facilities Installation and Management Guidelines.
- Moudon, A. V; Lee, C; Cheadle, A. D; Collier, C. W; Johnson, D; Schmid, T. L; Wearher, R. D. 2005, Cycling and the Built Environment, a US Perspective, Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, 10(3):245-261. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trd.2005.04.001
- Park, S. H; Hong, S. E; Kim, H. S; Kim, J. Y. 2003, Automatic Methods for Selecting Comparative Standard Land Parcels Using Spatial Multicriteria Making Rules, The Journal of GIS Association of Korea, 11(1):1-11.
- Seoul-Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency, 2009, Bike Lane Installation Instruction.
- Shin, K; Kim, J. 2009, The Impact of Bike Lane Implementation via Road Diet Treatment on Vehicular Operation: Bike Lane Demonstration Program in Nam-Gu, Busan, Paper presented at the 11th Conference of Korean Society of Road Engineers, November 5-6.
- Yeo, H. J; Chung, J. H; Kim, I. K. 2005, A Study on Congestion Index For The Metropolitan Areas In Korea, Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 25(5D):635-642.