- Volume 36 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Heuristic Method for RAM Design of Multifunctional System
다기능 시스템의 RAM 목표값 설정을 위한 휴리스틱 기법
- Han, Young-Jin (Dept. of Industrial Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Hee-Wook (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Yun, Won-Young (Dept. of Industrial Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Jong-Woon (Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- Received : 2011.05.18
- Accepted : 2011.12.15
- Published : 2012.02.01
When designing a multifunctional system consisting of many components performing many functions or missions, it is important to determine the reliability, availability, and maintainability (RAM) of the system and components, and we consider system availability to be the optimization criterion. For given intervals of mean time between failure (MTBF) and mean time to repair (MTTR) of the components, we want to determine the values of MTBF and MTTR for all components that satisfy the target availability. A heuristic method is proposed for finding near-optimal solutions through simulation. We also study numerical examples to check effects of model parameters on the optimal solutions.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- CLC/TR 50126-3, 2006, Guide to the Application of EN50126 for Rolling Stock RAMS.
- Chung, I. S., Lee, K. W. and Kim, J. W., 2008, "A Study on RAMS Parameters in the Procurement Requirement for Rolling Stock," Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 371-377.
- Chung, I. S., Lee, K. W. and Kim, J. W., 2008, "Study on Setting up the Quantitative RAM Goals for Rolling Stocks," Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 390-397.
- Eberlein, M. and Hoefer, L., 2002 "The Development of Rail Vehicles from the Perspective of greater Availability," Railway Technical Review-International Journal for Railway Engineers, No. 2-3, pp. 112-121.
- Blischke, W. R. and Murthy, D. N. P., 2000, Reliability Modeling, Prediction, and Optimization, Wiley Interscience, New York.
- Kuo, W., Parasad, V. R., Tillman, F. A. and Hwang, C. L., 2001, Optimal Reliability Design: Fundamentals and Applications, Cambridge University Press, New York.
- Gen, M. and Kim, J. R., 1999, "GA-based Reliability Design: State-of-the-art Survey," Computers and Industrial Engineering, Vol. 37, No. 1-2, pp. 151-155. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0360-8352(99)00043-1
- Painton, L. and Campbell, J., 1994, "Identification of Components to Optimize Improvements in System Reliability," Proceedings of the SRA PSAM-II Conference on System-based Methods for the Design and Operation of Technological Systems and Processes, pp. 10.15-10.20.
- Painton, L. and Campbell, J., 1995, "Genetic Algorithms in Optimization of System Reliability," IEEE Transactions on Reliability, Vol. 44, No. 2, pp. 172-178. https://doi.org/10.1109/24.387368
- Yun, W. Y., Moon, I. K. and Kim, G. R., 2008, "Simulation-based Maintenance Support System for Multi-functional Complex Systems," Production Planning and Control, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 365-378. https://doi.org/10.1080/09537280802034398
- Chung, I. H. and Park, S. J., 2008, "Effect Analysis of Factors for Improving Accuracy of RAM Simulation in Weapon System," Journal of the Korea Institute of Military Science and Technology, Vol. 11, No. 6, pp. 102-116.
- Marquez, A. C., Heguedas, A. S. and Iung, B., 2005, "Monte Carlo-based Assessment of System Availability. A Case Study for Cogeneration Plants," Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Vol. 88, No. 3, pp. 273-289. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ress.2004.07.018
- Lander, T. L., Taha, H. A. and King, C. L., 1991, "A Reliability Simulation Approach for Use in the Design Process," IEEE Transactions on Reliability, Vol. 40, No. 2, pp.177-181. https://doi.org/10.1109/24.87124
- Cha, J. H., Chung, I. S., Kim, J. W. and Yu, Y. H., 2009, "The Study on Setting up KTX-II"s RAM Goals for Requirement Train-set," Proceedings of 2009 Spring Conference of the Korea Society for Railway, pp. 191-198.
- Alexander, A. J., 1988, The Cost and Benefits of Reliability in Military Equipment, The RAND Corporation, Santa Monica.
- IEC62278, 2002, Railway applications-The specification and demonstration of Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS).
- Block, K. C. and Geitner, F. K., 1994, An Introduction to Machinery Reliability Assessment, Gulf Publishing Company, Houston.
- Chung, I. H., 2009 "Simulation-based Repair Policy for MIME System," Ph. D Thesis, Pusan National University.
- Rausand, M. and Hoyland, A., 2004, System Reliability Theory: Models, Statistical Methods, and Applications: Second Edition, Wiley Interscience, New York.
- Seo, S. K., Kim, H. G, Kwon, H. M., Cha, M. S., Yun, W. Y. and Cha, J. H., 2008, Reliability Engineering, Kyobo, Seoul.
- Simulation-based Reliability and Maintainability Design of a Warship vol.39, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7232/JKIIE.2013.39.6.461