- Volume 36 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Matching Technology Between Nip Roll Characteristics and Quality of Print Pattern in Roll-to-Roll Printed Electronics Systems
롤투롤 전자인쇄 시스템에서 Nip Roll 의 특성에 따른 인쇄 패턴의 품질에 대한 매칭기술 연구
- Choi, Jea-Won (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Konkuk Univ.) ;
- Shin, Kee-Hyun (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Konkuk Univ.) ;
- Lee, Chang-Woo (Research Center, Toba Co.)
- Received : 2011.06.21
- Accepted : 2011.12.05
- Published : 2012.02.01
Currently, active research is being performed on printing of electronic devices such as RFID devices, flexible displays, solar cells, and e-paper. This technique has several advantages over existing technologies such as lithography and etching. In particular, RFID devices, flexible displays, solar cells, and e-paper require flexibility and a mass production system. Thus, attention is being focused on the roll-to-roll process. High quality should be guaranteed in the roll-to-roll printed electronics systems, and good thickness and roughness qualities must be ensured. Experimental design was applied to this problem to analyze the main effects and interaction effects of various factors. Matching technology between the nip roll characteristics and the quality of the print pattern in roll-to-roll printed electronics systems was proposed to improve the printing quality.
Roll to Roll Printed Electronics System;Nip Roll;Matching Technology;DOE
Supported by : 한국연구재단, 서울시
- Lee, C.W., Kim, N.S., Shin, K.H. and Kim, C.W., 2009, "Statistical Analysis for an Estimation of Printed Pattern in Roll to Roll Printed Electronics System," Proceedings of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering Conference, pp. 235-236.
- Kim, N. S., Lee, C. W. and Kim, C. W., 2010, "Statistical Analysis for Thickness and Surface roughness of Printed Pattern in Roll to Roll Printed Electronics System," Proceedings of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineering Conference, pp. 356-357.
- Lee, S., Lee, H. L. and Park, S. K., 2000, "Evaluation of the Nip Pressure Profile and Analysis of Heat Transfer in Soft Nip Calender," Journal of Korea TAPPI, Vol. 32, No. 2, pp. 26-34.
- Kang, H. W., Huang, W.-X., Sung, H. J., Lee, T.-M. and Kim, D.-S., 2008, "Study of Liquid Transfer Process for micro-Gravure-Offset Printing," Proceedings of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineering Conference, pp. 1098-1102.
- Park, S. J., Lim, S. M. and Youn, J. T., 2007, "A Study on the Computer Simulation in the Changing Velocity and Pressure in Gravure Printing," Journal of Korea TAPPI, Vol. 25, No 1, pp. 53-64.
- Lee, C. W., Kang, H. K., Kim, C. W. and Shin, K. H., 2010, "A Novel Method to Guarantee the Specified Thickness and Surface Roughness of the Roll-to-Roll Printed Patterns Using the Tension of a Moving Substrate," Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, Vol. 19, No 5, pp. 1243-1253. https://doi.org/10.1109/JMEMS.2010.2067194