- Volume 36 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Prediction of Formability of Aluminum Alloy 5454 Sheet
알루미늄 5454 합금 판재의 성형성 예측
- Kim, Chan-Il (Institute of Mechanical Engineering Technology, Kyungpook Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Yang, Seung-Han (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Kyungpook Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Young-Suk (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Kyungpook Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2011.09.16
- Accepted : 2011.11.25
- Published : 2012.02.01
In the automobile industry, reducing the weight is the most important objective for reducing air pollution and improving the fuel efficiency. For this reason, the application of aluminum sheets is increasing. When the sheets are applied to the automobile, using inappropriate variables for the material, product design, and press processing can generate tearing, wrinkling, and spring-back problems, which are the main types of failure in the manufacturing process. Therefore, it is necessary to reduce these failures by harmonizing the many variables and strictly managing the processes. In this research, we study the theoretical plasticity instability of Al5454 and obtain the forming limit diagram (FLD) using MATLAB. Moreover, we compare the theoretical FLD with an experimental FLD obtained from a stretching test.
Formability;Aluminum Alloy;Plastic Instability;Forming Limit Diagram
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Kim Y. S., 1992, "Recent and Future Development of Stamping Technology for Aluminum Car Body Sheet," Transactions of the KSME, Vol. 32, No. 7, pp. 620-631.
- Kim, Y. S., Kim, K. S. and Kwon, N. C., 1993, "Press Formabilities of Aluminum Sheets for Autobody Application," Proceeding of the KSAE Conference, pp. 233-246.
- Jo, H. H. and Cho, H., 2003, "Trend and Future Development of Aluminum Extrusion Technology," Proceedings of the KSTP Conference, pp. 322-329.
- Kim, C. M. and Park, J. J., 1996, "An Experimental Study on Plastic Anisotropy of Aluminum-5052 Sheet," Proceedings of the KSME Conference A, pp. 121-125.
- Yoon, J. W., Lee, Y. S., Lee, M. Y. and Jeong, B. H., "Study on the Mechanical Properties of 5052 Aluminum Alloy Laser Welds," Journal of KSLP, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 25-31.
- Gang, U. G., Lee, S. H., Lee, J. C. and Nam, W. J., 2008, "Enhancement of Mechanical Properties of 5052 Al Alloy by Cryogenic and Warm Rolling," Transactions of Materials Processing, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 102-106. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSPP.2008.17.2.102
- Hayashi, H., 1993, "Formability of Aluminum Alloy Sheets for Autobodies," Proceedings International Symposium Light Materials for Transportation Systems, pp. 351-363.
- Li, C., Liu, D., Yu, H. and Ji, Z., 2009, "Research on Formability of 5052 Aluminum Alloy Sheet in a Quasi-static-dynamic Tensile Process," International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol. 49, No. 2, pp. 117-124. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmachtools.2008.10.006
- Khan, Z., 1996, "Effect of Corrosive Environment on the Fatigue Crack Initiation and Propagation Behavior of Al 5454-H32," Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 78-83. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02647273
- Kim, Y. S., Kim, C., Lee, S. Y., Won, S. Y., and Hwang, S. M., 2003, "Forming Limits for anisotropic sheet metals," JSME International Journal, Vol. 45A, No. 4, pp. 627-634.
- Hill, R., 1950, The Mathematical Theory of Plasticity, Clarendon Press, Oxford.
- Hosford, W. F., 1988, "Limitation of Non-Quadratic Anisotropic Yield Criteria and Their Use in Analysis of Sheet Forming," ASM International, pp. 163-170.
- Hill, R., 1979, "Theoretical Plasticity of Textured Aggregates," Mathematical Proceedings of the Combridge Philosophical Society, 85, pp.179-191. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0305004100055596
- Barlat, F., Maeda, Y., Chung, K., Yanagawa, M., Brem, J. C., Hayashida, Y., Lege, D. J., Matsui, K., Murtha, S. J., Hattori, S., Becker, R. C. and Makosey, S., 1997, "Yield function Development for Aluminum Alloy Sheets," Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids. Vol. 45, No. 11/12, pp. 1727-1763. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-5096(97)00034-3
- Bron, F. and Besson, J., 2004, "A Yield Function for Anisotropic Materials: Application to Aluminum Alloys," International Journal of Plasticity, Vol. 20, pp. 937-963. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijplas.2003.06.001
- Hill, R., 1990, "Constitutive Modeling of Orthotropic Plasticity in Sheet Metals," Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, Vol. 38, No. 3, pp. 405-417. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-5096(90)90006-P
- Shin, H. D., Park, J. G., Park, C. D. and Kim, Y. S., 2009, "Study on the Yield Locus of Aluminum Alloy Sheet Using Biaxial Cruciform Specimens," Transactions of Materials Processing, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 416-421. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSPP.2009.18.5.416
- Hora, P., Tong, L. and Reissner, J., 1996, "A Prediction Method for Ductile Sheet Metal Failure in FE-simulation," Proceedings of the Numisheet'96 Conference, pp. 252-256.
- Kim, Y. S., 2003, Plasticity, Sigma Press, Seoul, pp. 164-169, 519-534, 587-588, 607-608.
- Investigation of Cracking Condition during Press Forming of Extruded Aluminum Sheets vol.38, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.3.251
- Finite Element Analysis of Large Deformation of Fiber Metal Laminates Under Bending for Stress-Strain Prediction vol.39, pp.10, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.10.963
- Study on Spring-Back Effect according to Roll Gap and Forming Velocity of Roll Forming Process vol.33, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2016.33.6.477
- Evaluation of Formability and Mechanical Characteristic for Hot Forming Quenching in Sheet Forming of Al6061 Alloy vol.37, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.4.483