- Volume 36 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Experimental Study of Internal Distribution of Temperature and Relative Humidity in Notebook LCD Module
노트북용 액정 모듈 내부의 온도 및 상대 습도 변화에 관한 실험적 연구
- Kim, Tae-Woo (Research & Development Center, LG Display Co., LTD.) ;
- Kim, Gi-Bin (Research & Development Center, LG Display Co., LTD.) ;
- Lee, Jae-Won (Research & Development Center, LG Display Co., LTD.)
- Received : 2011.05.17
- Accepted : 2011.12.08
- Published : 2012.02.01
As a part of basic research to improve screen quality, which deteriorates when strain occurs within optical sheets in LCD modules for laptop computers, a measurement system is needed to analyze the influence of heat and moisture, which are the main factors causing the strain. It is assumed that the existence of an air gap less of than 0.5 mm inside the LCD module causes humid air from outside to permeate through the module. To investigate this phenomenon, in this study a thin printed circuit board (PCB) of compact sensors that measure temperature and humidity is inserted into LCD modules, and thus, the changes in temperature and humidity can be analyzed in real time. The results can be used as basic data for simulation of the deformation behavior and structural design of LCD modules in the future.
LCD;Optical Sheet Wrinkle;Internal Temperature & Humidity;Temperature & Humidity Sensor
- Wu, T. and Ke, Y., 2006, "The Ab-Sorption and Thermal Behaviors of PET-SiO2 Nanocomposite Film," Polymer Degradation and Stability, Vol. 91, pp. 2205-2212. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.polymdegradstab.2006.01.005
- Lin, M.-H., Chen, Y.-K., Kuo, W.-C. and Huang, K.-F., 2007, "Investigation of Optical Film Ripple Phenomenon in TFT-LCD Module by Numerical Computing," SID 07 Digest, pp. 457-460.
- O'Brien, F E M, 1948, "The Control of Humidity by Saturated Salt Solutions," Journal of Scientific Instruments, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 73-76. https://doi.org/10.1088/0950-7671/25/3/305