- Volume 36 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
DFSS-Based Design of a Hall-Effect Rotary Position Sensor
DFSS 를 이용한 홀 효과 기반 회전형 위치 센서의 설계
- Kim, Jae-Eun (Faculty of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Catholic University of Daegu)
- 김재은 (대구가톨릭대학교 기계자동차공학부)
- Received : 2011.08.08
- Accepted : 2011.11.21
- Published : 2012.02.01
This work presents the application of the DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) methodology to optimizing both the linearity and the sensitivity of the output voltage of a Hall-effect rotary position sensor. To this end, the dimensions and relative positions of a permanent magnet with reference to a Hall sensor are selected as the design factors for a full factorial design. In order to evaluate the output voltage of the rotary position sensor at each run in the experimental design, analytical solutions to the magnetic flux density were obtained using the Biot-Savart law and the relations between the magnetic flux density and the output voltage intrinsic to a Hall sensor. Through measurements of the improved output voltage of the rotary position sensors manufactured using the optimized design factors, the proposed method is shown to be simple and practical.
DFSS;Optimization;Hall Effect;Rotary Position Sensor;Permanent Magnet
Supported by : 대구가톨릭대학교
- Kim, J. E., Yun, G.-T., Lee, J., Hong, S.-N., Ko, E.-S., Ju, C. M. and Yang, S. S., 2006, "Development of a Contrast Enhancer for MD Projection TV," Proceedings of the KSNVE Spring Annual Conference, pp. 656-659.
- Popovic, R. S., Flanagan, J. A. and Besse, P. A., 1996, "The Future of Magnetic Sensors," Sensors and Actuators A, Vol. 56, pp. 39-55. https://doi.org/10.1016/0924-4247(96)01285-X
- Schott, C., Racz, R. and Huber, S., 2006, "Novel Analog Magnetic Angle Sensor with Linear Output," Sensors and Actuators A, Vol. 132, pp. 165-170. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sna.2006.03.032
- Solgaard, O., 2009, Photonic Microsystems, Springer US.
- Douglas, P. M., 2002, "Column: Frontiers of Quality: Design for Six Sigma," Quality Progress, Vol. July, pp. 82-86.
- Jiju, A., 2002, "Design for Six Sigma: a Breakthrough Business Improvement Strategy for Achieving Competitive Advantage," Work Study, Vol. 51, No. 1, pp. 6-8. https://doi.org/10.1108/00438020210415460
- Grechishkin. R. M., Afanasieva, L. E., Pastushenkov, Y. G. and Maksimov, N. N., 1994, "Analysis of a Linear Position Sensor with a Hall Effect Element," Measurement and Science Technology, Vol. 5, pp. 853-860. https://doi.org/10.1088/0957-0233/5/7/016
- Montgomery, D. C., 2009, Design and Analysis of Experiments, John Wiley & Sons (Asia) Pte Ltd.