- Volume 12 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Implementation of Korean TTS Service on Android OS
안드로이드 OS 기반 한국어 TTS 서비스의 설계 및 구현
- Received : 2011.12.09
- Accepted : 2012.01.02
- Published : 2012.01.28
Though Android-based smart phones are being released in Korea, Korean TTS engine is not built on them and Google has not announced service or software developer's kit related to Korean TTS officially. Thus, application developers who want to include Korean TTS capability in their application have difficulties. In this paper, we design and implement Android OS-based Korean TTS system and service. For speed, text preprocessing and synthesis libraries are implemented using Android NDK. By using Java's thread mechanism and the AudioTrack class, the response time of TTS is minimized. For the test of implemented service, an application that reads incoming SMS is developed. The test shows that synthesized speech are generated in real-time for random sentences. By using the implemented Korean TTS service, Android application developers can transmit information easily through voice. Korean TTS service proposed and implemented in this paper overcomes shortcomings of the existing restrictive synthesis methods and provides the benefit for application developers and users.
HMM based Speech Synthesis;Android Service
Supported by : 원광대학교
- 대한상공회의소, 직장인의 인터넷 활용실태 보고서, 2006.
- 고석훈, "안드로이드 플랫폼 동향", 한국콘텐츠학회지, 제8권, 제2호, pp.11-122, 2010.
- 한국소비자원 정보교육국 소비자 정보팀, 스마트폰 이용 만족도 비교정보 조사 결과, 2010.
- 한국정보통신기술협회(TTA) 웹 표준화 프로젝트 그룹(PG605), 모바일 접근성, 2010.
- 김종진, 김정세, 김상훈, 박준, 내장형 TTS 기술 동향 및 사례, 전자통신동향분석, 제23권, 제1호, 2008.
- T. Yoshimura, K. Tokuda, T. Masuko, T. Kobayashi, and T. Kitamura, "Simultaneous Modeling of Spectrum, Pitch and Duration in HMM-Based Speech Synthesis," Proc. of EUROSPEECH, Vol.5, pp.2347-2350, 1999.
- 국립국어원, 표준어 규정, 문교부 고시 제88-2호, 1988.