- Volume 12 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
User's Emotion Modeling on Dynamic Narrative Structure : towards of Film and Game
동적 내러티브 구조에 대한 사용자 감정모델링 : 영화와 게임을 중심으로
- Received : 2011.10.05
- Accepted : 2011.12.07
- Published : 2012.01.28
This paper is a basic study for making a system that can predict the success and failure of entertainment contents at the initial stage of production. It proposes the user's emotion modeling of dynamic narrative on entertainment contents. To make this possible, 1) dynamic narrative emotion model is proposed based on theoretical research of narrative structure and cognitive emotion model. 2) configuring the emotion types and emotion value, proposed model of three emotion parameter(desire, expectation, emotion type) are derived. 3)To measure user's emotion in each story event of dynamic narrative, cognitive behavior and description of user(film, game) is established. The earlier studies on the user research of conceptual, analytic approach is aimed of predicting on review of the media and user's attitude, and consequently these results is delineated purely descriptive. In contrast, this paper is proposed the method of user's emotion modeling on dynamic narrative. It would be able to contributed to the emotional evaluation of entertainment contents using specific information.
User's Emotion Modeling;Narrative Structure;Entertainment Contents;Human Factors
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- P. Philippot, "Inducing and assessing differentiated emotion-feeling states in the laboratory," Cognition and Emotion, Vol.7, pp.171-193, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1080/02699939308409183
- J. J. Gross and R. W. Levenson, "Emotion elicitation using films," Cognition and Emotion, Vol.9, Issue.1, pp.87-108, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1080/02699939508408966
- Kavakli and Thorne, "A cognitive modelling approach to capturing the context of complex behavior in gameplay," Proceeding of the first international conference on information technology & applications(ICITA2002), IEEE, Bathurst, Australia, pp.25-29, 2002(11).
- 송승근, 김미진, "MMO게임의 게임플레이 행동 패턴에 관한 프로토콜 분석", 한국디자인학회, Vol.21, No.5, 2008.
- R. S. Lazarus, J. C. Speisman, and A. M. Mordkoff, "A laboratory study of psychological stress produced by a motion picture film," Psychological Monographs, 1962.
- Nico H. Frijda, The Emotions, Cambridge University Press, pp.453-455, 1986.
- A. rtony, G. Clore, and A. Collins, The Cognitive Structure of Emotions, Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, Massachusetts, USA, 1988.
- Seymour Benjamin Chatman, Story and Discourse: Narrative Structure in Fiction and Film, Cornell University Press, 1980.
- M. G. Dyer, In-deprh understanding: A computer model of integrared processing for narrative comprehension, Cambridge Mass.: The MIT Press, 1983.
- W. G. Lehnert and E. W. Vine, "The role of affect in narrative structure," Cognition and Emotion, Vol.1, Issue 3, pp.299-322, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1080/02699938708408053
- J. Campbell, Hero with a Thousand Faces, Princeton University Press, 1949.
- C. Vogler, The writer's journey: mythic structure for writers, Michael Wiese Productions, 1998.
- S. Voytilla and C. Vogler, Myth & the Movies: Discovering the myth structure of 50unforgettable films, Michael Wiese Productions, 1999.
- R. Lazarus, "Thoughts on the relations between emotion and cognition," American Psychologist, Vol.37, pp.1019-1024, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.37.9.1019
- 김미진, 김재호, "게임플레이 가능성을 위한 감정요소 분석 프레임워크", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제10권, 제6호, 2010.
- R. McKee, Story : substance, structure, style and the principles of screen-writing, Harler Entertainmet, 1997.
- E. S. Tan, Emotion and the structure of narrative film:Film as an emotion machine, lawrence erlbaum associates, 1996.
- D. Price, "Some general laws of human emotion : Interrelationships between intensities of desire, expectation, and emotional feeling," Journal of personality, 1984.
- H. Walter and Renate de Jong-Meyer, "Psychological Response Patterns to Positive and Negative Film Stimuli," Biological Psychology, Vol.31, Issue. 1, pp.73-93, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1016/0301-0511(90)90079-C
- A. Mehrabian and J. A. Russell, An Approach to Environmental Psychology, Cambridge, MA: Oegelschlager, Gunn and Hain, 1974.
- A Structural Analysis of the Movie Reviews vol.14, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.05.085