- Volume 12 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effect of PNF Combination Patterns on Muscle Activity of the Lower Extremities and Gait Ability in Stroke Patients
PNF 결합패턴이 뇌졸중 환자의 하지 근 활성도 및 보행능력에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2011.10.11
- Accepted : 2011.12.20
- Published : 2012.01.28
The purpose of present study was to determine effects of a PNF combination pattern training on muscle activity of lower extremities and gait ability in hemiparetic subjects. Twenty chronic stroke patients participated. Participants were randomly divided into either control group and experimental group. Experimental group received PNF combination pattern training, four times per a week for six weeks and control group received general exercise training. For the lower limbs muscle activity, RMS of action potential were analyzed and gait ability tests was conducted with 10MWT, DGI and F8WT. For the significance test of control and experimental group for measuring time by exercise application method, two-way repeated measure ANOVA. As the result, muscle activity of RF(p<.05), VM, TA, LH, LG was significantly increased between measurement period(p<.001), In VM, TA, LH, LG, there were interactions each measurement time and between group. 10MWT, DGI, F8WT in gait ability was significantly improved between measurement periods(p<.001) and In 10MWT, DGI, F8W, there were interaction each measurement time and between group. In conclusion, the PNF combination pattern application will be effective strategy to increasing the muscle activity and improving gait ability in the rehabilitation of stroke patients.
Stroke;PNF;PNF combination pattern;Muscle Activity;Gait
- J. Perry, "Gait analysis: normal and pathological function," J of Pediatric Orthopaedics, Vol.12, No.6, p.815, 1992.
- 이순화, 음악치료가 뇌졸중 편마비 환자의 보행기능과 삶의 질에 미치는 효과, 한양대학교 대학원 박사학위논문, 2008.
- V. F. Engle, "The relationship of movement and time to older adults' functional health," Research in Nursing & Health, Vol.9, No.2, pp.123-129, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1002/nur.4770090207
- H. Luukinen, K. Koski, P. Laippala, and S. Kivela, "Risk factors for recurrent falls in the elderly in long-term institutional care," Public Health, Vol.109, No.1, pp.57-65, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0033-3506(95)80076-X
- J. M. Potter, A. L. Evans, and G. Duncan, "Gait speed and activities of daily living function in geriatric patients," Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation, Vol.76, No.11, pp.997-999, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-9993(95)81036-6
- S. J. Olney and C. Richards, "Hemiparetic gait following stroke. Part I: Characteristics," Gait & Posture, Vol.4, No.2, pp.136-148, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0966-6362(96)01063-6
- F. M. Campbell, A. M. Ashburn, R. M. Pickering, and M. Burnett, "Head and pelvic movements during a dynamic reaching task in sitting: Implications for physical therapists," Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation, Vol.82, No.12, pp.1655-1660, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1053/apmr.2001.26818
- M. oerdink, C. J. C. Lamoth, G. Kwakkel, P. C. W. Van Wieringen, and P. J. Beek, "Gait coordination after stroke: benefits of acoustically paced treadmill walking," Physical Therapy, Vol.87, No.8, p.1009, 2007. https://doi.org/10.2522/ptj.20050394
- V. Achache, D. Mazevet, C. Iglesias, A. Lackmy, J. B. Nielsen, R. Katz, and V. Marchand- Pauvert, "Enhanced spinal excitation from ankle flexors to knee extensors during walking in stroke patients," Clinical Neurophysiology, Vol.121, No.6, pp.930-938, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinph.2009.12.037
- 조영환, Medical Exercise Therapy가 뇌졸중 환자의 발목관절 근활성도와 보행능력에 미치는 영향, 동신대학교 대학원 석사학위논문, 2011.
- 남태호, 하회별신굿탈놀이가 보행기능 및 근 활성도에 미치는 영향, 대구대학교 대학원 박사학위 논문, 2009.
- C. M. Dean and R. B. Shepherd, "Task-related training improves performance of seated reaching tasks after stroke: a randomized controlled trial," Stroke, Vol.28, No.4, p.722, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.STR.28.4.722
- A. R. Luft, R. F. Macko, L. W. Forrester F. Villagra, F. Ivey, J. D. Sorkin, J. Whitall, S. McCombe-Waller, L. Katzel, and A. P. Goldberg, "Treadmill exercise activates subcortical neural networks and improves walking after stroke," Stroke, Vol.39, No.12, pp.3341-3350, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1161/STROKEAHA.108.527531
- S. H. Peurala, I. M. Tarkka, K. Pitkanen, and J. Sivenius, "The effectiveness of body weight-supported gait training and floor walking in patients with chronic stroke," Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation, Vol.86, No.8, pp.1557-1564, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2005.02.005
- J. H. Kim, S. H. Jang, C. S. Kim, J. H. Jung, and J. H. You, "Use of virtual reality to enhance balance and ambulation in chronic stroke: a double-blind, randomized controlled study," American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Vol.88, No.9, p.693, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1097/PHM.0b013e3181b33350
- N. Shima, K. Ishida, K. Katayama, Y. Morotome, Y. Sato, and M. Miyamura, "Cross education of muscular strength during unilateral resistance training and detraining," European Journal of Applied Physiology, Vol.86, No.4, pp.287-294, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00421-001-0559-z
- E. Scripture, T. Smith, and E. M. Brown, "On the education of muscular control and power," Studies from the Yale Psychological Laboratory, Vol.2, pp.114-119, 1894.
- J. Munn, R. Herbert, and S. Gandevia, "Contralateral effects of unilateral resistance training: a meta-analysis," Journal of Applied Physiology, Vol.96, No.5, pp.1861, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1152/japplphysiol.00541.2003
- S. S. Adler, and D. Beckers, PNF in practice: an illustrated guide : Springer Verlag, 2008.
- R. Y. Wang, "Effect of proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation on the gait of patients with hemiplegia of long and short duration", Physical Therapy, Vol.74, No.12, p.1108, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/74.12.1108
- 최진호, 김진상, 권영실, 정병옥, "고유수용성 신경근 촉진법이 편마비 환자의 보행에 미치는 영향", 대한고유수용성신경근촉진법학회지, 제11권, 제1호, pp.121-127, 1999.
- 이문규, 이종식, 정우식, 국은주, 임재헌, 김태윤, "고유수용성 신경근 촉진법이 편마비 환자의 균형능력에 미치는 영향", 대한고유수용성신경근촉진법학회지, 제7권, 제1호, pp.9-16, 2009.
- 황인걸, 한미란, 손경현, 임재헌, 이문규., "고유 수용성신경근촉진법이 편마비 환자의 보행능력에 미치는 영향", 대한고유수용성신경근촉진법학회지, 제7권, 제1호, pp.1-8, 2009.
- 문곤성, 보행 속도 변화에 따른 하지의 운동역학적 분석과 근 활동의 근전도 분석, 연세대학교 대학원 박사학위논문, 2004.
- S. P. William, L. L. Henry, and W. J. Ernest, Practical Electromyography: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2007
- 조현정, "경사도에 따른 전.후방 보행 훈련이 하지 근력 및 근 활성도에 미치는 영향", 고려대학교 대학원 석사학위논문, 2008.
- J. Dixon and T. E. Howe, "Activation of vastus medialis oblique is not delayed in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee compared to asymptomatic participants during open kinetic chain activities," Manual Therapy, Vol.12, No.3, pp.219-225. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.math.2006.06.012
- J. K. Tilson, K. J. Sullivan, S. Y. Cen, D. K. Rose, C. H. Koradia, S. P. Azen, and P. W. Duncan, "Meaningful gait speed improvement during the first 60 days poststroke: minimal clinically important difference," Physical Therapy, Vol.90, No.2, p.196, 2010. https://doi.org/10.2522/ptj.20090079
- J. Mehrholz, K. Wagner, K. Rutte, D. Meiβner, and M. Pohl, "Predictive validity and responsiveness of the functional ambulation category in hemiparetic patients after stroke," Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation, Vol.88, No.10, pp.1314-1319, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2007.06.764
- C. SHUMWAY, Motor control: theory and practical applications, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2000.
- S. Whitney, D. Wrisley, and J. Furman, "Concurrent validity of the Berg Balance Scale and the Dynamic Gait Index in people with vestibular dysfunction," Physiotherapy Research International, Vol.8, No.4, pp.178-186, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1002/pri.288
- G. F. Marchetti, S. L. Whitney, P. J. Blatt, L. O. Morris, and J. M. Vance, "Temporal and spatial characteristics of gait during performance of the Dynamic Gait Index in people with and people without balance or vestibular disorders," Physical Therapy, Vol.88, No.5, p.640, 2008. https://doi.org/10.2522/ptj.20070130
- Jonsdottir, J., and Cattaneo, D., "Reliability and validity of the dynamic gait index in persons with chronic stroke", Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation, Vol.88, No.11, pp.1410-1415, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2007.08.109
- R. J. Hess, J. S. Brach, S. R. Piva, J. M. VanSwearingen, "Walking skill can be assessed in older adults: validity of the Figure-of-8 Walk Test," Physical Therapy, Vol.90, No.1, p.89, 2010. https://doi.org/10.2522/ptj.20080121
- B. Dietz, Let's sprint, let's skate: Innovationen im PNF-Konzept: Springer, 2009.
- 정우식, 정재영, 김찬규, 정대인, 김경윤, "PNF의 Sprinter Pattern을 통한 하지 근 활성도가 균형 능력에 미치는 영향", 한국컨텐츠학회지, 제11권, 제3호, pp.281-292, 2011.
- 오동건, 성순창, 이만균, "PNF 탄력밴드 운동과 중추신경계 발달 운동이 뇌졸중 환자의 일상생활 체력과 근활성도에 미치는 영향", 한국체육과학회지, 제20권, 제2호, pp.815-827, 2011
- D. A. Neumann, Kinesiology of the Musculoskeletal System: Foundations for Rehabilitation, Mosby/Elsevier, 2010.
- F. Collen, D. Wade, G Robb, and C. Bradshaw, "The Rivermead mobility index: a further development of the Rivermead motor assessment," Disability & Rehabilitation, Vol.13, No.2, pp.50-54, 1991. https://doi.org/10.3109/03790799109166684
- G. Kwakkel and R. C. Wagenaar, "Effect of duration of upper-and lower-extremity rehabilitation sessions and walking speed on recovery of interlimb coordination in hemiplegic gait," Physical Therapy, Vol.82, No.5, p.432, 2002.
- N. M. Salbach, N. E. Mayo, J. Higgins, S. Ahmed, L. E. Finch, and C. L. Richards, "Responsiveness and predictability of gait speed and other disability measures in acute stroke," Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation, Vol.82, No.9, pp.1204-1212, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1053/apmr.2001.24907
- 최원제, 김찬규, 정대인, 이형수 채윤원, 김윤환, "고유수용성신경근촉진법의 통합패턴에 따른 정적 균형의 변화", 한국컨텐츠학회지, 제8권, 제10호, pp.251-258, 2008.
- 김노빈, 보행시 속도와 보폭 변화에 따른 하지 관절의 운동역학적 분석, 연세대학교 대학원 박사학위논문, 2000.