- Volume 22 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Estimation of Strain at Elastic System Using Acceleration Response
가속도 데이터를 활용한 선형 시스템의 변형률 예측
- 김찬중 (자동차부품연구원) ;
- 이봉현 (자동차부품연구원) ;
- 전현철 (서울대학교 대학원 기계항공공학부) ;
- 조현호 (서울대학교 대학원 기계항공공학부) ;
- 강연준 (서울대학교 기계항공공학부(정밀기계설계공동연구소))
- Received : 2011.08.23
- Accepted : 2011.12.09
- Published : 2012.01.20
This paper investigates the prediction of the dynamic strain response using acceleration response only. Two methods are proposed for the strain prediction; one is based on beam theory and the other is calculated by the frequency response function between acceleration and strain. First, it is estimated the dynamics of the simple notched beam, including the non-linearity, through the uni-axial vibration testing. Then, the dynamic strain response is predicted under two different methods using acceleration response. The validation of proposed methods is conducted by the comparison between measured strain and predicted values. The comparison reveals that the proposed method based on the FRF between acceleration and strain is more reliable one than that stemmed from beam theory and the maximum relative error is less than 8 %.
Grant : 오일펌프의 엔진상태 성능 평가기술 개발
- Ha, T. H. and Lee, G. M., 1995, Characteristics of a Strain Modal Testing Method Using train Gauges, Proceeding of the KSME Annual Autumn Conference, pp. 412-416.
- Lee, G. M., 2007, Prediction of Strain Responses from the Measurements of Displacement Responses, Mechanical System and Signal Processing, Vol. 21, pp. 1143-1152. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymssp.2006.02.008
- Bernasconi, O. and Ewins, D. J., 1989, Modal Strain/stress Fields, International Journal of Analytical and Experimental Modal Analysis, Vol. 4, pp. 68-76.
- Li, S. and Wu, Z., 2008, Modal Analysis on Macro-strain Measurements from distributed Longgage Fiber Optic Sensors, Journal of Intelligent Material System Structures, Vol. 19, No. 8, pp. 937-946. https://doi.org/10.1177/1045389X07082477
- Okubo, N. and Yamaguchi, K., 1995, Prediction of Dynamic Strain Distributionunder Operating Condition by use of Modal Analysis, Proceedings of the 13th IMAC, pp. 91-96.
- Ferdinand, P. B., E.Russell, J. JR. and John, T. D., 2004, Mechanics of Materials, Mc Graw Hill, pp. 211-217.
- Pandey, A. K., Biswas, M. and Samman, M. M., 1991, Damage Detection from Changes in Curvature Mode Shapes, Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 145, No. 2, pp. 321-332. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-460X(91)90595-B
- Kross, L. L. and Karczub, D., 1995, Euler Beam Bending Wave Solution Predictions of Dynamic Strain Using Frequency Response Functions, Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 184, No. 2, pp. 229-244. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.1995.0314
- Ewins, D. J., 2000, Modal Testing Theory, Practice and Application, Research Studies Press Ltd, Baldock.
- Modal Analysis Based Stress Estimation for Structural Elements Subjected to Operational Dynamic Loadings vol.55, pp.9, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11340-015-0073-6