- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
The Empirical Study of the Influence of Consumer Innovativeness, Product Involvement and Product Expertise on Vicarious and Adoptive Innovativeness
소비자의 내재적 혁신성과 제품에 대한 관여도와 전문적 지식이 정보탐색 혁신성과 수용 혁신성에 미치는 영향에 관한 실증연구
- 김영균 (인천대학교 경영학부)
- Published : 2012.12.30
Consumer innovativeness is a force that leads to innovative behavior of consumer and it is crucial for companies to understand the innovativeness in association with the new innovative product adoption. The purpose of this paper is to examines the influence of Consumer's inherent innovativeness, product involvement, and product expertise on consumers's vicarious and adoptive innovativeness. For this purpose, the model has been set and examined the influence of consumer innovativeness, product involvement and product expertise on vicarious and adoptive innovativeness. The results revealed that 1) consumer innovativeness would not influence vicarious and adoptive innovativeness, 2) vicarious innovativeness had affect on adoptive innovativeness 3) product involvement had a affect on both vicarious and adoptive innovativeness 4) product expertise had a affect on vicarious innovativeness and yet had no affect on adoptive innovativeness.
Supported by : 인천대학교
- 김상훈, 강지윤, "소비자 특성이 추구편익 및 내구재 속성의 중요도 인식에 미치는 영향", 마케팅연구, 2005, 제 20권 4호, pp. 209-230.
- 김영균, "소비자들의 보편적 기술에 대한 태도 및 심리적 특성이 기술 수용성에 미치는 영향에 관한 실증연구", 한국산업정보학회논문지, 2008, 제13권 2호, pp. 56-68.
- Alba, J. and Hutchinson, "Dimensions of Consumer Expertise", Journal of Consumer Research, 1987, 13(4), pp. 411-454. https://doi.org/10.1086/209080
- Andreasen, A. R., "Attitudes and customer behavior: A decision model," Perspectives in Consumer Behavior, 1968, pp. 498-510.
- Bandura, A., 'Self-efficacy' in Ramachadran, V. S. (ed.) 'Encyclopdia of Human Behavior', Academic Press, 1994, New York, Vol. 4, pp. 71-81.
- Bandura, A., "Social Foundations of Thought and Action: A social cognitive theory", Englewood Cliffs, N.J., Prentice Hall, 1986
- Bartels, J. and Reinders, M.J., "Consumer innovativeness and its correlates: A propositional inventory for future research", Journal of Business Research, 2011, 64 pp. 601-609 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2010.05.002
- Bloch, P. "An exploration into the scaling of consumer's involvment with a product class
- Baumgartner, H., and Steenkamp, J. E.. "Exploratory Consumer Buying Behavior: Conceptualization and Measurement", International Journal of Research in Marketing, 1996, Vol. 13, pp. 121-137. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-8116(95)00037-2
- Celsi, R. L., & Olson, J. C., "The role of involvement in attention and comprehension processes." Journal of Research, 1988, Vol. 15, pp. 210-224.
- Cotte, J. and Wood, S., "Families and innovative consumer behavior: a triadic analysis of sibling and parental influence", Journal of Consumer Research, 2004, 31, pp. 78-86. https://doi.org/10.1086/383425
- Engel, J., Blackwell, R. and Miniard, P., Consumer Behavior, 1995, Fort Worth: Dryden Press
- Foxall, G. and Haskins, C. G., "Cognitive style and consumer innovativeness". European Journal of Marketing, 1986, 20, pp 63-80.
- Feick, L., and Price, L., "The market maven— a diffuser of marketplace information", Journal of Marketing, 1987, Vol, 51(1), pp. 83-97. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251146
- Gatignon, H. and T. Robertson, "Innovative Decision Processes," in Handbook of Consumer Behavior, eds. T. S. Robertson and H. S. Kassarjian, 1991, pp. 316-348
- Gilbert, D. T., "How Mental Systems Believe," American Psychologist (46:2), 1991, pp. 107-119. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.46.2.107
- Goldsmith, R. E. and Hofacker, C, F., "Measuring consumer innovativeness," Journal of Academy of Marketing Science, 1991, Vol. 19, No.3, pp.209-21. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02726497
- Goldsmith, R. E, Clark R. A, and Goldsmith, E. B., "Extending the psychological profile of market mavenism," Journal of Consumer Behavior, 2006, 5, pp. 411-419.
- Goldsmith, R, Freiden, J. and Eastman J., "The generality/specificity issue in consumer innovativeness research", Technovation, 1995, Vol. 15(10), pp. 601-612. https://doi.org/10.1016/0166-4972(95)99328-D
- Greenhalgh, T, Robert, G, B. ,McFarlane F, and Kyriakidou, O., "Diffusion of innovations in service organizations: a systematic review." Massachussetts: Blackwell Publishing; 2005.
- Grewal, R., Mehta, R., and Kardes, F., "The role of the social-identity function of attitudes in consumer innovativeness and opinion leadership." Journal of Economic Psychology, 2000, Vol. 21, pp. 233-252. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-4870(00)00003-9
- Hartman, J. B., Shim, S., Barber, B., & O'Brien, M. (2006). Adolescents' utilitarian and hedonic Web consumption behavior: Hierarchical influence of personal values and innovativeness. Psychology and Marketing, Vol. 23(10),813-839. https://doi.org/10.1002/mar.20135
- Hauser, J, Tellis, G,and Griffin A., "Research on innovation: a review and agenda for marketing science". Marketing Science, 2006, 25(6), pp. 687-717. https://doi.org/10.1287/mksc.1050.0144
- Hirschman, E. C., "Experience seeking: a subjectivist perspective of consumption," Journal of Business Research, 1984, Vol.12, No.1, pp.115-36. https://doi.org/10.1016/0148-2963(84)90042-0
- Hirschman, E. C., "Innovativeness, novelty seeking, and consumer creativity," Journal of Consumer Research, 1980, 80(7) pp. 283-895.
- Hirunyawipada, T., & Paswan, A. K. (2006). Consumer Innovativeness and Perceived Risk: Implications for High Technology Product Adoption. Journal of Consumer Marketing, Vol. 23(4), pp. 182-198. https://doi.org/10.1108/07363760610674310
- Im, S, Bayus, B. and Mason, C. H., "An empirical study of innate consumer innovativeness, personal characteristics, and new-product adoption behavior", Journal of Academy Marketing Science, 2007, 31(1), pp. 61-73.
- Jacoby, J., Troutman, T., Kuss, A., and Mazursky, D., "Experience and expertise in complex decision making. In R., J. Lutz, Advances in Consumer Research, Vol. 13, pp. 469-475.
- Joseph, B. and Vyas, S. J., "Concurrent Validity of a Measure of Innovative Cognitive Style," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 1984, 12(2), pp. 159-175. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02729494
- Kirton, M., "Adaptors and innovators: A description and measure", Journal of Applied Psychology, 1976, Vol. 61(5), pp. 622-629. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.61.5.622
- Lee, K. and Khan, S., "Technology Adoption at the Consumer Level: Focus on Internet Based Communication Technology, Americas Conference Information Systems, 2007, pp. 1-10.
- Manning, K, Bearden, W. and Madden, T., "Consumer Innovativeness and the Adoption Process", Journal of Consumer Psychology, 1995, Vol 4(4), pp. 329-345. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327663jcp0404_02
- Midgley, D. F. and Dowing, G. R., "Innovativeness: The Concept and Its Measurement," Journal of Consumer Research, 1978, Vol.4, Issue.4, pp. 229-242. https://doi.org/10.1086/208701
- Nunnally, J. C. and Bernstein, I. H., Psychometric theory (3rd ed.). 1994, New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Pauwels K, Silva-Risso J, Srinivasan S, and Hanssens D. M. New products, sales promotions, and firm value: the case of the automobile industry., Journal of Marketing, 2004, 68:142- 856. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.22.214.171.124724
- Petty R. E., and Cacioppo, J., "Issue inovolvement can increase or decrease persuasionj by enhancing message relavant cognitive responses", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 1979, Vol. 37, pp. 1915-1926. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1995
- Rao, A. R. and Sieben, W., "The Effect of Prior Knowledge on Price Acceptability and the Type of Information Examined," Journal of Consumer Research, 1992, 19(2), pp. 256-270. https://doi.org/10.1086/209300
- Raju P. S., "Optimum stimulation level: its relationship to personality, demographics, and exploratory behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, 1980, Vol.7, No.3, pp.272-82. https://doi.org/10.1086/208815
- Raju, P. S., Lonial, Subhash, C. and Mangold, G., "Differential Effects of Subjective Knowledge, Objective Knowledge and Usage Experience on Decision Making: An Exploratory Investigation," Journal of Consumer Psychology, 1995, 4(2), pp. 153-180. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327663jcp0402_04
- Ridgeway, N. M. and Price, L. L., ""Exploration in Product Usage: A Model of Use Innovativeness," "Psychology & Marketing (11:1), 1994, pp. 69-84. https://doi.org/10.1002/mar.4220110108
- Rogers, E. M. "Diffusion of innovations". 2th edition. The Free Press: New York; 1995
- Rogers, E. M. "Diffusion of innovations". 5th edition. The Free Press: New York; 2003
- Shih, C. F. and Venkatesh, A., "Beyond Adoption: Development and Application of a User-Diffusion Model," Journal of Marketing, 2004, 68(1), pp. 59-72. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.188.8.131.5229
- Srinivasan S, Pauwels K, Silva-Risso J, and Hanssens DM, "Product innovations, advertising, and stock returns", Journal of Marketing, 2009, 73: pp. 24-343. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.73.1.24
- Steenkamp, E. M. and Baumgartner, H., "The Role of Optimum Stimulation Level in Exploratory Consumer Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, 1992, Vol. 19, Issue 3, p 434-448, https://doi.org/10.1086/209313
- Steenkamp, E. M. and Gielens K., "Consumer and market drivers of the trial probability of new consumer packaged goods," Journal of Consumer Research, 2003, 30, pp 368-384 https://doi.org/10.1086/378615
- Susan, M. "Consumer knowledge: Effects on evaluation strategies mediating consumer judgments" Journal of Consumer Research, 1985, Vol. 12, pp. 31-46. https://doi.org/10.1086/209033
- Venkatraman M. P and Price, L., "Differentiating between cognitive and sensory innovativeness: concepts, measurement, and implications," Journal of Business Research, 1990, 20 pp. 293-0315. https://doi.org/10.1016/0148-2963(90)90008-2
- Vishwanath, A., "Impact of Personality on Technology Adoption: An Empirical Model," Journal of the American Society for Information Science & Technology, 2005, 56(8), pp. 803-811. https://doi.org/10.1002/asi.20169
- Wejnert B., "Integrating models of diffusion of innovations: a conceptual framework". Annual Review of Sociology, 2002, 28 pp. 297-326. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.soc.28.110601.141051
- Wood, S. L. and Swait, J., "Psychological Indicators of Innovation Adoption: Cross- Classification Based on Need for Cognition and Need for Change," Journal of Consumer Psychology, 2002, l(12), pp 1-13,