- Volume 41 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Physiological Activities of Korean Traditional Soybean-Fermented Royal Court Soy Sauces, Gungjungjang
한국전통 궁중간장류의 생리활성 분석
- Lee, Nam-Keun (Dept. of Biotechnology (BK21 program), Chung-Ang University) ;
- Ryu, Young-Jun (Dept. of Biotechnology (BK21 program), Chung-Ang University) ;
- Yeo, In-Cheol (Dept. of Biotechnology (BK21 program), Chung-Ang University) ;
- Kwon, Ki-Ok (Dept. of Research and Development, Sangchon Food Product) ;
- Suh, Eun-Mee (Dept. of Research and Development, Sangchon Food Product) ;
- Hahm, Young-Tae (Dept. of Biotechnology (BK21 program), Chung-Ang University)
- 이남근 (중앙대학교 생명공학과) ;
- 류영준 (중앙대학교 생명공학과) ;
- 여인철 (중앙대학교 생명공학과) ;
- 권기옥 ((주)상촌식품 연구개발부) ;
- 서은미 ((주)상촌식품 연구개발부) ;
- 함영태 (중앙대학교 생명공학과)
- Received : 2011.08.24
- Accepted : 2012.01.12
- Published : 2012.02.29
In this study, the functional properties of royal court (RC) soy sauces, Gungjung-kanjang, were analyzed in vitro. RC soy sauces, traditional soy sauce, and commercial soy sauces were fractionated based on an MW cut-off of 1,000. The total phenolic compounds smaller than and larger than 1,000 MW (low and high fraction) in RC soy sauces were determined to be
- Park JW, Lee NK, Kim BY, Kim HK, Kown KO, Hahm YT. 2010. Characterization of traditionally fermented Korean soybean paste, Eoyukjang, and isolation of its microorganisms. Food Sci Biotechnol 19: 425-430. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10068-010-0060-8
- Moon GS, Cheigh HS. 1987. Antioxidative characteristics of soybean sauce in lipid oxidation process. Korean J Food Sci Technol 19: 537-542.
- Kim JS, Kim HO, Moon GS, Lee YS. 2008. Comparison of characteristics between soy sauce and black soy sauce according to the ripening period. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 18: 981-988.
- Ham SS, Kim SH, Yoo SJ, Oh HT, Chio HJ, Chung MJ. 2008. Biological activities of soybean sauce (Kanjang) supplemented with deep sea water and sea tangle. Korean J Food Preserv 15: 274-279.
- Heu MS, Park CH, Kim JG, Kim HJ, Yoon MS, Park KH, Kim JS. 2010. Improvement of the antioxidative and ACEinhibiting activities of commercial soy sauce using gelatin hydrolysates from the by-products of Alaska pollock. Kor J Fish Aquat Sci 43: 170-187.
- Shin JH, Kang MJ, Yang SM, Lee SJ, Ryu JH, Kim RJ, Sung NJ. 2010. Comparison of physicochemical properties and antioxidant activities of Korean traditional Kangjang and garlicadded Kangjang. J Agriculture& Life Science 44: 39-48.
- Park YW, Lee SW, Chang PS, Lee JM, Kim YS, Lee JH. 2009. Changes of isoflavones and fatty acids in Eoyukjang, a traditional Korean fermented soysauces prepared under the ground in a pot or an incubator. Food Sci Biotechnol 18: 48-52.
- Yoshikawa M, Fujita H, Matoba N, Takenaka Y, Yamamoto T, Yamauchi R, Tsuruki H, Takahata K. 2000. Bioactive peptides derived from food proteins preventing lifestylerelated diseases. BioFactors 12: 143-146. https://doi.org/10.1002/biof.5520120122
- Barac MB, Stanojevic SP, Pesic MB. 2005. Biologically active components of soybeans and soy protein products. Apteff 36: 155-168.
- Cheigh HS, Lee JS, Lee CY. 1993. Antioxidative characteristics of melanoidin related products fractionated from fermented soybean sauce. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 22: 570-575.
Lee NK, Hahm YT. 2005. Antioxidative characteristics of browning reaction products of glucose-poly-
$\gamma$-glutamate (Glu-PGA) obtained from amino-carbonyl reaction. Korean J Food Sci Technol 37: 812-815.
- Joo EY, Park CS. 2010. Antioxidative and fibrinolytic activity of extracts from soybean and Chungkukjang (fermented soybean) prepared from a black soybean cultivar. Korean J Food Preserv 17: 874-880.
- Oh HJ, Kim CS. 2007. Antioxidant and nitrite scavenging ability of fermented soybean foods (Chungukjang, Doenjang). J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 36: 1503-1510. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2007.36.12.1503
- Lee NK, Yeo IC, Park JW, Kang BS, Hahm YT. 2010. Isolation and characterization of a novel analyte from Bacillus subtilis SC-8 antagonistic to Bacillus cereus. J Biosci Bioeng 110: 298-303. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiosc.2010.03.002
- Palanuvej C, Hokputsa S, Tunsaringkarn T, Ruangrungsi N. 2009. In vitro glucose entrapment and alpha-glucosidase inhibition of mucilaginous substances from selected Thai medicinal plants. Sci Pharm 77: 837-849.
- Jeon EH. 2003. Isolation and characterization of aerobic spore-forming bacteria isolated from Chung Guk Jang. MS Thesis. Chung-Ang University, Seoul, Korea. p 3-4.
- Kawk YJ, Kim JS. 2009. Changes of chlorophyll and SODlike activities of Chinese chives dehydrated at different heat treatments. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 38: 879-884. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.7.879
- Nakamura K, Ogasawara Y, Endou K, Fujimori S, Koyama M, Akano H. 2010. Phenolic compounds responsible for the superoxide dismutase-like activity in high-brix apple vinegar. J Agric Food Chem 58: 10124-10132. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf100054n
- Choudhary RK, Swarnkar PL. 2011. Antioxidant activity of phenolic and flavonoid compounds in some medical plants of India. Nat Prod Res 25: 1101-1109. https://doi.org/10.1080/14786419.2010.498372
- Marklund S, Marklund G. 1974. Involvement of superoxide anion radical in the oxidation of pyrogallol and a convenient assay for superoxide dismutase. Eur J Biochem 47: 468-474.
- Yun GH, Lee ET, Kim SD. 2003. Purification and characterization of fibrinolytic enzyme produced from Bacillus amyloliquefaciens K42 isolated from Korean soy sauce. Kor J Microbiol Biotechnol 31: 284-291.
- Kim DY, Lee ET, Kim SD. 2003. Purification and characterization of fibrinolytic enzyme produced by Bacillus subtillis K7 isolated from Korean traditional soy sauce. J Korean Soc Agric Chem Biotechnol 46: 176-182.
- Kim KK, Park HC, Son HJ, Kim YG, Lee SM, Choi IS. 2007. Antimicrobial and anticancer activity of Korean traditional soy sauce and paste with Chopi. J ournal of Life Science 17: 1121-1128. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2007.17.8.1121
- Cho YS, Park YS, Lee JY, Kang KD, Hwang KY, Seong SI. 2008. Hypoglycemic effect of culture broth of Bacillus subtillis S10 producing 1-deoxynijirimycin. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 37: 1401-1407. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.11.1401
Kim HS, Lee JY, Hwang KY, Cho YS, Park YS, Kang KD, Seong SI. 2011. Isolation and identification of a Bacillus sp. producing
$\alpha$-glucosidase inhibitor 1-deoxynojirimycin. Korean J Microbiol Biotechnol 39: 49-55.
- Hwang JH, Oh YS, Lim JH, Park JE, Kim MB, Yoon HS, Lim SB. 2009. Physiological properties of Jeju traditional Doenjang. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 38: 1656-1663. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.12.1656
Tiengburanatam N, Boonmee A, Sangvanich P, Karnchanatat A. 2010. A novel
$\alpha$-glucosidase inhibitor protein from the rhizomes of Zingiber ottensii valeton. Appl Biochem Biotechnol 162: 1938-1951. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12010-010-8971-7
- Kim MS, Kim BY, Park CS, Yoon BD, Ahn SC, Oh WK, Ahn JS. 2006. Inhibitory effect of Thujae orientalis semen extract on pancreatic lipase activity. Journal of Life Science 16: 328-332. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2006.16.2.328
- Kwon SK, Lee KB, Im KS, Kim SO, Park KY. 2006. Weight reduction and lipid lowering effects of Korean traditional soybean fermented products. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 35: 1194-1199. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2006.35.9.1194
- Kim JH, Son IS, Kim JS, Kim KH, Kwon CS. 2008. Lipaseinhibitory and anti-oxidative activity of the methanol extract and the powder of Phellinus linteus. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 37: 154-161. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.2.154
- Weir MA, Beyea MM, Gomes T, Juurlink DN, Mamdani M, Blake PG, Wald R, Garg AX. 2011. Orlistat and acute kidney injury: an analysis of 953 patients. Arch Intern Med 171: 703-704. https://doi.org/10.1001/archinternmed.2011.103
- Study on Sugar, Amino Acid, and Sensory Characteristics in Traditional Korean Gyupjang (Soy sauce) According to Different Methods vol.31, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7318/KJFC/2016.31.4.348
- Antioxidant Activity of Korean Traditional Soy Sauce vol.44, pp.9, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2015.44.9.1399
- Determination of Amounts of Benzoic Acid and Propionic Acid in Fermented Soybean Products vol.45, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2013.45.5.565