- Volume 41 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Quality Characteristics of Tomato Jam Added with Fructo-oligosaccharide
프락토 올리고당을 첨가한 토마토잼의 품질특성
- Na, Yeon-Mi (Dept. of Food & Nutrition, Sunchon National University) ;
- Lee, Young-Ju (Dept. of Marine Food Science & Technology, Chonnam National University) ;
- Chun, Soon-Sil (Dept. of Food & Nutrition, Sunchon National University)
- Received : 2011.10.07
- Accepted : 2012.01.07
- Published : 2012.02.29
Quality characteristics of tomato jam added with 15, 25, 35 and 50% fructo-oligosaccharide substituted for sucrose were evaluated. As the amount of fructo-oligosaccharide increased, the moisture content and total titratable acidity of tomato jam increased, whereas pH and spreadness decreased. In the results of color and texture analysis, lightness (
- Yoon KY, Youn KS, Lee KH, Shin SR, Kim KS. 1997. Changes of quality in the osmotic dehydration of cherry-tomatoes and optimization for the process. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 26: 866-871.
- Isiguroyokio. 2001. Tomato revolution. Chungrim Publishing, Seoul, Korea. p 129-193.
- Giovannucci E, Ascherio A, Rimm EB, Stampfer MJ, Colditz GA, Willett WC. 1995. Intake of carotenoids and retinol in relation to risk of prostate cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst 87: 1767-1776. https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/87.23.1767
- Giovannucci E, Rimm EB, Liu Y, Stampfer MJ, Willett WC. 2002. A prospective study of tomato products, lycopene, and prostate cancer risk. J Natl Cancer Inst 94: 391-398. https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/94.5.391
- Di Mascio P, Kaiser S, Sies H. 1989. Lycopene as the most efficient biological carotenoid singlet oxygen quencher. Arch Biochem Soc Trans 24: 1023-1027.
- Mendel F, Fitch TE, Yokoyama WH. 2000. Lowering of plasma LDL cholesterol in hamsters by the tomato glycoalkaloid tomatine. Food Chem Toxicol 38: 549-533. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0278-6915(00)00050-8
- Park NY, Park KN, Lee SH. 2006. Effects of tomato ketchup on fermentation and quality of kimchi. Korean J Food Sci Technol 38: 655-658.
- Kim YJ, Han YS. 2006. Preparation of tomato kimchi and its characteristics. Korean J Soc Food Cookery Sci 22: 535-544.
- Hoe SK, Park KH, Yang MR, Jeong KJ, Kim DH, Choi JS, Jin SK, Kim IS. 2006. Quality characteristics of low-fat emulsified sausage containing tomatoes during cold storage. Korean J Food Sci Ani Resour 26: 297-305.
- Kim MY, Chun SS. 2008. Quality characteristics of sulgidduk with tomato powder. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 24: 412-418.
- Ha DJ. 2010. A study on the quality characteristics for production of utmost tomato sauce with additional mushroom. PhD Dissertation. Yeungnam University, Daegu, Korea.
- Kim KS, Chae YK. 1997. The effects of addition of oligosaccharides on the quality characteristics of tomato jam. Korean J Soc Food Sci 13: 348-355.
- Kim YJ, Na HJ, Kim YN. 2007. Awareness on food additives and purchase of processed foods containing food additives in middle school students. Korean Journal of Human Ecology 16: 205-218. https://doi.org/10.5934/KJHE.2007.16.1.205
- Kanaek RB, Kaufman RM. 1991. Nutrition and behavior. Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York, NY, USA. p 169-181.
- Lee JB, Lee JO, Kim SW, Kang JH, Yang YJ. 2000. The prevalence and risk factors of childhood obesity in elementary students in Seoul. Korean J Fam Med 21: 866-873.
- Na SH, Kim SY. 2003. Prevention and treatment of childhood obesity. Korea Sports Research 14: 1159-1174.
- Molis C, Flourie B, Ouarne F, Gailing M, Lartigue S, Guigert A, Bornet F, Galmiche J. 1996. Digestion, excretion, and energy value of fructooligosaccharides in healthy humans. Am J Clin Nutr 64: 324-328. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/64.3.324
- Park JH, Yu JY, Shin YH, Shin HK, Lee SJ, Park KH. 1992. Molecules of oligosaccharides of bacterial enteric major impact on growth. Korean J Microbiol Biotechnol 20: 237-242.
- Oku T, Tokunaga T, Hosoya N. 1984. Nonedigestability of a new sweetener, neosugar in the rat. J Nutr 114: 1574-1582. https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/114.9.1574
- Hidaka H, Eida T, Takizawa T, Tokunaga T, Tashiro Y. 1986. Effect of fructooligosaccharides on intestinal flora and human health. Bifidobact Microlf 5: 37-43. https://doi.org/10.12938/bifidus1982.5.1_37
- Kawaguchi M, Tashiro Y, Adachi T, Tamura Z. 1993. Changes in intestinal condition, fecal microflora and composition of rectal gas after administration of fructooligosaccharides and lactulose at different doses. Bifidobacteria Microflora 12: 57-67. https://doi.org/10.12938/bifidus1982.12.2_57
- Hata Y, Hara T, Okikawa T, Yamamoto M, Hirose N, Nagashima T, Torihama N, Nakajima K, Watabe A, Yamashita M. 1983. The effects of fructooligosaccharides against hyperlipidemia. Geriatr Med 21: 156-167.
- Huvel E, Muys T, Dokum W, Schaafsma G. 1999. Oligofructose stimulates calcium absorbtion in adolescents. Am J Clin Nutr 69: 544-548. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/69.3.544
- Song IS, Lee KM, Kim MR. 2004. Quality characteristics of pumpkin jam when sucrose was replaced with oligosaccharides during storage. Korean J Soc Food Cookery Sci 20: 279-286.
- Kim JR, Yoo C, Kwon HK, Hong SY, Park CK, Park KH. 1995. Physical and physiological properties of isomalto-oligosaccharides and fructo-oligosaccharides. Korean J Food Sci Technol 27: 170-178.
- Kim MY, Chun SS. 2000. Effects of fructo-oligosaccharides on the quality characteristics of strawberry jam. Korean J Soc Food Cookery Sci 16: 530-537.
- Park SJ, Lee JH, Rhim JH, Kwon KS, Jang HG, Yu MY. 1994. The change of anthocyanin and spreadmeter value of strawberry jam by heating and preservation. Korean J Food Sci Technol 25: 365-369.
- Quality Characteristics and Antioxidant Activities of Aronia Jam Replacing Sucrose with Different Sugar Substances vol.27, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2014.27.5.888