- Volume 25 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Case Study of Mixed-Mode Design Incorporated Mobile RDD into Telephone RDD
유·무선 RDD를 결합한 혼합조사설계: 2011 서울시장 보궐선거 예측조사 사례 연구
Lee, Kay-O;Jang, Duk-Hyun;Hong, Young-Taek
- Received : 2012.01.16
- Accepted : 2012.02.16
- Published : 2012.02.29
We proposed a mixed-mode design with a landline survey and mobile survey as the solution for the problems of election opinion polls by the original telephone survey method, mostly with limited population coverage for young people not living at home and with lower efficiency in selecting valid voters. We numerically verified the applicability of the proposed dual frame survey by analyzing the preliminary opinion poll results of the Seoul mayor by-election of October 26 2011. This research achieved the result that relative standard errors were similar between a mobile RDD sample and landline RDD sample though the variance was bigger in the former. Though the combination of mobile RDD and landline RDD is not found to improve the forecast accuracy, it still is expected to have higher reliability for election polls by expanding the population coverage and compensating the weakness of each survey method.
RDD;Mixed mode design;PMLE
- 이계오, 장덕현 (2009). 인터넷 선거조사에서 성향가중모형 적용사례, <조사연구>, 10, 21-36.
- 이계오, 장덕현 (2011). 사전 태도 및 투표 의향과 실제 투표 행동간 상관성 연구, <조사연구>, 12, 1-30.
- Cochran, R. S. (1965). Theory and Application of Multiple Frame Surveys, Unpublished Ph.D. Thesis, Iowa State University.
- Fuller, W. A. and Burmeister, L. F. (1972). Estimators for samples selected from two overlapping frames, In Proceedings of the Social Statistics Section, American Statistical Association, 245-249.
- Hartley, H. O. (1962). Multiple frame surveys, In Proceedings of the Social Statistics Section, American Statistical Association, 203-206.
- Lavrakas, P. J. and Traugott, M. W. (2000). Election Polls, the News Media, and Democracy, Chatham House Publishers, New York.
- Lee, S. (2006). Propensity score adjustment as a weighting scheme for volunteer panel surveys, Journal of Official Statistics, 22, 329-349.
- Lohr, S. and Rao, J. N. K. (2006). Estimation in multiple-frame surveys, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 101, 1019-1030. https://doi.org/10.1198/016214506000000195
- Skinner, C. J. and Rao, J. N. K. (1996). Estimation in dual frame surveys with complex design, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 91, 349-356. https://doi.org/10.2307/2291414
- Bias caused by nonresponses and suggestion for increasing response rate in the telephone survey on election vol.27, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2016.27.2.315
Supported by : 한남대학교