- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Extracting and Visualizing Dispute comments and Relations on Internet Forum Site
인터넷 토론 사이트의 논쟁댓글 및 논쟁관계 시각화
- Received : 2011.12.13
- Accepted : 2012.01.19
- Published : 2012.02.28
Recently, many users discuss and argue with others using replying comments. This implies that a series of comments can be a new source of information since various opinions can be appeared in the dispute. It is important to understand the implicit dispute structure immanent in the comment set. In this paper, we examine the characteristics of disputes using replying comments in the Internet forum sites using a set of test articles with the comments collected from SketicalLeft and Agora, which are famous Internet forum sites in Korea. And we propose a new method for detecting and visualizing the dispute sections and relations from a large set of replying comments. To show the performance of our method, we measured precision, recall, and F-measure. According to the experimental results, the F-measures of the detection of the comments in dispute are about 0.84 (SketpcialLeft) and 0.83 (Agora); those of the detection of the commenter pairs in dispute are 0.75 (SketpcialLeft) and 0.82 (Agora), respectively. Since our method exploits the temporal order of commenters to detect the disputes, it is not dependent on the host language nor on the typos in comments. Also, our method can help the readers to grasp the structure of controversy hidden in the comment set through the visualized view.
Dispute Comment;Online Dispute;Dispute Visualization;Dispute Extraction
Supported by : 한국학술진흥재단
- C. Marlow, "Audience, structure and authority in the weblog community," In The 54th Annual Conference of the International Communication Association, 2004.
- 심재민, 조찬형, 양효진, 안인회, 나은아, 웹 2.0 시대의 네티즌 인터넷 이용 현황, 한국인터넷진흥원, 2006.
- G. Mishne and N. Glance, "Leave a reply: An analysis of weblog comments," In Third annual workshop on the Weblogging ecosystem. Citeseer, 2006.
- Y. Lee., M. Bae, G. Woo, and H. Cho, "A Personalized Visualizing and Filtering system for a Large Set of Responding Messages on Internet Discussion Forums," In Proc. of the CIT09, Vol.2, pp.160-165, 2009.
- 이윤정, 지정훈, 우균, 조환규, "인터넷 게시물의 댓글 분석 및 시각화", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제 9권, 제7호, pp.45-56, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2009.9.7.045
- 이윤정, 김은경, 조환규, 우균, "스킵리스트를 이용한 인터넷 토론 게시판 댓글 관리", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제10권, 제8호, pp.38-50, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.8.038
- M. Hu, A. Sun, and E. Lim, "Comments-oriented blog summarization by sentence extraction," Proceedings of the sixteenth ACM conference on Conference on information and knowledge management, pp.901-904, 2007.
- L. Zhou and E. Hovy, "On the summarization of dynamically introduced information: Online discussions and blogs," Proceedings of AAAI-2006 Spring Symposium on Computational Approaches to Analyzing Weblogs, Standford, 2006.
- T. Kamada and S. Kawai, "An algorithm for drawing general undirected graphs," Information processing letters, Vol.31, No.1, pp.7-15, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1016/0020-0190(89)90102-6