- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Digital Costume Platform for the Expansion of Stage Representation Technology using LEDs
LED를 사용한 무대 표현 기술 확장을 위한 디지털 의상 플랫폼
- Received : 2011.12.05
- Accepted : 2012.02.03
- Published : 2012.02.28
Recently, LEDs are used in various fields such as lightings, billboards, displays, and so on. In this paper, we tried to combine a costume with LEDs in a performance environment. To meet the environmental requirements, we propose a digital costume platform which consists of wireless network, an embedded system, a control jacket, a digital skin, and a pattern authoring tool. It is utilized for making a digital costume with LED lighting effects. The embedded system controls LED lighting according to the signals from a show control system through wireless networks. The control jacket can carry the embedded system and connect it with LEDs. The digital skin means a costume with LEDs. The LEDs were designed to fit in performance concept in point of aesthetic. The pattern authoring tool enables users to make timeline-based changing patterns of LED lighting. The proposed platform is a new lighting element in performances. It can expand stage representation techniques and be used as a special effect. It will play a role as a moving light in performances. We evaluated stable operations of our platform by employing it in live performances.
Supported by : 문화체육관광부, 한국콘텐츠진흥원
- http://www.husseinchalayan.com/#/past_collecti ons.2007.2007_a_w_airborne/
- M. Daniel, "Light Emitting Fabric," 미국 특허, 1980.
- D. Marculescu, R. Marculescu, N. Zamora, P. Stanley-Marbell, P. Khosla, S. Park, S. Jayaraman, S. Jung, C. Lauterbach,W. Weber, T. Kirstein, D. Cottet, J. Grzyb, G. Troster,M. Jones, T. Martin, and Z. Nakad, "Electronic textiles: Aplatform for pervasive computing," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol.91, No.12, pp.1995-2018, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/JPROC.2003.819612
- http://live.philips.com/index.php/ko_kr/video/ph ilips-lumalive/26702555001
- D. Papadopoulos and Z. eveland, "Day-for-Night Dress: Toward a Modular, Extensible and Reconfigurable Wearable Architecture," Avantex: International Forum for Innovative Apparel Textiles, 2007.
- 김재인, 황부현, "DMX512 프로토콜 기반의 ZDMX 모듈을 이용한 광대역 LED 조명 시스템 구현", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제10권, 제11호, pp.38-47, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.11.038
- 김태정, 조현상, 김진술, 한민수, "공연용 임베디 드 시스템을 위한 무선 메쉬 네트워크 테스트", 한국지식정보기술학회논문지, 제5권, 제4호, pp.155-161, 2010.
- S. Oh, H. Byun, S. Jang, and M. Hahn, "A digital costume with a LED controller for outdoor performances," Proceedings of the 4th IEEE International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology, 2011.
- 이동욱, 오승원, 김진술, 한민수, "디지털 의상 디자인을 위한 E-textiles 시간화 시스템", 한국지식정보기술학회논문지, 제6권, 제6호, pp.69-76, 2011.