- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Doctors' Perception and Intention of the U-healthcare Service
의사들의 유헬스케어 서비스에 대한 인식과 사용의도
- Received : 2011.11.04
- Accepted : 2012.01.10
- Published : 2012.02.28
Although u-healthcare service is emerged as an alternative method for effective chronic disease management services, the service has not yet been applied for real healthcare setting. The objective of this study is to explore the doctors' perception and influential factors on intention to use u-healthcare service. We conducted survey for physicians about u-healthcare service provision to compare characteristics by different groups. In addition, logistic regression analysis is conducted to find out factors affecting the usage intention. As a result, doctors responded only 16.0% of total respondents had experience of u-healthcare services, but also showed that as high as 70.1% had intention to use service. Also, respondents answered that u-healthcare services is appropriate to apply for chronic disease prevention and diabetes and hypertension are suggested as the most appropriate diseases in order. The intention to use the u-healthcare service by non-university hospital doctors was 3.7 times higher than university hospital doctor. This study shows that identifying the differences of doctors' awareness and also the intention to use about the u-healthcare services will contribute to develop more effective business model.
U-healthcare;Intention to Use;Health Provider;Telemedicine
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- E. Krupinski, M. Nypaver, R. Poropatich, D. Ellis, R Safwat, and Hasan Sapci, "Clinical Applications in Telemedicine / Telehealth," Telemedicine Journal and e-Health, Vol.8, No.1, pp.13-34, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1089/15305620252933374
- C. Coletti, D. J. Elliott, and M. T. Zubrow, "Resident Perceptions of a Tele-Intensive Care Unit Implementation," Telemedicine and e-Health, Vol.16, No.8, pp.894-897, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1089/tmj.2010.0040
- L. Lamothe, J. Fortin, F. Labbé, M. Gagnon, and D. Messikh, "Impacts of Telehomecare on Patients, Providers, and Organizations," Telemedicine and e-Health, Vol.12, No.3, pp.363-369, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1089/tmj.2006.12.363
- M. Wallwiener, C. W. Wallwiener, J. K. Kansy, H. Seeger, and T. K. Rajab, "Impact of electronic messaging on the patient-physician interaction," Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, Vol.15, No.5, pp.243-250, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1258/jtt.2009.090111
- G. King, H. Richards and D. Godden, "Adoption of telemedicine in Scottish remote and rural general practices: a qualitative study," Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, Vol.13, No.8, pp.382-386, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1258/135763307783064430
- G. Wagnild, C. Leenknecht, and J. Zauher, "Psychiatrists' Satisfaction with Telepsychiatry," Telemedicine and e-Health, Vol.12, Iss.5, pp.546-551, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1089/tmj.2006.12.546
- "u-Healthcare 활성화 중장기 종합계획 수립", 한국보건산업진흥원, 2008.
- 김동준, 이정환, "u-Health : 의료기와 정보통신 기술의 만남", 정보처리학회지, 제17권, 제5호, pp.67-77, 2010.
- 김경호, 이정환, "u-Health와 최근 기술 동향", 정보과학학회지, 제29권, 제1호, pp.15-23, 2011.
- P. Varkey, K. Schumacher, C. Swanton, B. Timm, and P. T. Hagen, "Telemedicine in the work site: a study of feasibility, and patient and provider satisfaction," Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, Vol.14, No.6, pp.322-325, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1258/jtt.2008.080512
- P. Whitten, G. Doolittle, and M. Mackert, "Providers' Acceptance of Telehospice," Journal of Palliative Medicine, Vol.8, Iss.4, pp.730-735, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1089/jpm.2005.8.730
- 고대영, 조현승, 강민성, "u-Health 서비스 수요 분석 및 시장 활성화 방안", 산업연구원, 2010.
- 김홍진, "법제도 환경변화에 따른 h-Health산업 의 전망", 정보과학학회지, 제29권, 제1호, pp.55-64, 2011.
- 이병문, 임헌철, 강운구, "유헬스에서 안전한 생체정보전송을 위한 동적인 유효세션기반의 상호인증 프로토콜", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제11권, 제2호, pp.142-151, 2011.
- 노미진, 박순창, 윤경일, "소비자 특성이 u-헬스 케어 서비스 이용의도에 미치는 영향", 병원경영학회지, 제15권, 제4호, pp.27-42, 2010.
- J. A. Fitzsimmons and M. J. Fitzsimmons, Service management: operations, strategy, and information technology, McGraw-Hill, 2001.
- M. J. Bitner, B. H. Booms, and M. S. Tetreault, "The Service Encounter: Diagnosing Favorable and Unfavorable Incidents," The Journal of Marketing, Vol.54, No.1, pp.71-84, 1990. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252174
- 이명식, "서비스 접점에서 고객과 서비스 제공자의 상호작용이 서비스 가치에 미치는 영향", 한국유통학회지, 제5권, 제2호, pp.20-48, 2001.
- M. Gabbott and G. Hogg, "The Role of Non-verbal Communication in Service Encounters : A Conceptual Framework," Journal of Marketing Management, Vol.17, Iss1-2, pp.5-26, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1362/0267257012571401
- M. R. Solomon, C. Surprenant, J. A. Czepiel, and E. G, Gutman, "A Role Theory Perspective on Dyadic Interactions: The Service Encounter," Journal of Marketing, Vol.49, No.1, pp.99-111, 1985. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251180
- S. S. Gaur, Y. Xu, A Quazi, and S. Nandi, "Relational impact of service providers' interaction behavior in healthcare," Managing Service Quality, Vol.21, No.1, pp.67-87, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1108/09604521111100252
- J. Tan, W. Cheng, W. J. Rogers, "From telemedicine to e-health: Uncovering new frontiers of biomedical research, clinical applications & public health services delivery," Journal of Computer Information Systems, Special Vol.42. No.5, pp.7-18, 2002.
- F. D. Davis, R. P. Bagozzi, and P. R. Warshaw, "User Acceptance of Computer Technology: A Comparison of Two Theoretical Models," Management Science, Vol.35, No.8, pp.982-1003, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.35.8.982
- "u-Healthcare가 다가온다", LG경제연구원, 2009.
- 김헌성, 조재형, 최윤희, 오정아, 이진희, 윤건호, "만성질환자 관리를 위한 유비쿼터스 헬스케어시스템", 한국통신학회지, 제27권, 제9호, pp.3-8, 2010.
- 박민진, 정문희, "유헬스케어 도입전후 방문건강 관리 건강지표의 관찰", 한국생활환경학회지, 제 15권, 제1호, pp.42-50, 2008.
- D. S. Wakefield, D. Mehr, L. Keplinger, S. Canfield, R. Gopidi, B. J. Wakefield, R. J. Koopman, J. L. Belden, R. Kruse, and K. M. Kochendorfer, "Issues and questions to consider in implementing secure electronic patientprovider web portal communications systems," International Journal of Medical Informatics, Vol.79, Iss.7, pp.469-477, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmedinf.2010.04.005
- Acceptability of Service Targets for ICT-Based Healthcare vol.22, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4258/hir.2016.22.4.333