- Volume 12 Issue 2
There are many investors in the stock market, and more and more people get interested in the stock investment. In order to avoid risks and make profit in the stock investment, we have to determine several aspects using various information. That is, we have to select profitable stocks and determine appropriate buying/selling prices and holding period. This paper proposes a data mining tool for the investors' decision support. The data mining tool makes stock investors apply machine learning techniques and generate stock price prediction model. Also it helps determine buying/selling prices and holding period. It supports individual investor's own decision making using past data. Using the proposed tool, users can manage stock data, generate their own stock price prediction models, and establish trading policy via investment simulation. Users can select technical indicators which they think affect future stock price. Then they can generate stock price prediction models using the indicators and test the models. They also perform investment simulation using proper models to find appropriate trading policy consisting of buying/selling prices and holding period. Using the proposed data mining tool, stock investors can expect more profit with the help of stock price prediction model and trading policy validated on past data, instead of with an emotional decision.
Decision Support;Data Mining;Stock Price Prediction Model;Neural Networks;Decision Tree
Supported by : 한성대학교
- K. S. Kannan, P. S. Sekar, M. M. Sathik, and P. Arumugam, "Financial Stock Market Forecast using Data Mining Techniques," Proceedings of the International MultiConference of Engineers and Computer Scientists, Vol.1, 2010.
- 이병엽, 박용훈, 유재수, "자동차산업의 고객분류 및 타겟 마케팅 모델", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제 9권, 제4호, pp.313-322, 2009(4).
- 송창우, 김종훈, 정경용, 류중경, 이정현, "시맨틱 웹에서 개인화 프로파일을 이용한 콘텐츠 추천 검색 시스템", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제8권, 제1 호, pp.318-327, 2008(1).
- 서동환, "의사결정트리 학습을 이용한 단기주가 예측 에이전트 시스템 개발", 명지대학교 대학원, 산업공학 석사학위논문, 2000.
- 김선웅, 안현철, "Support Vector Machines와 유전자 알고리즘을 이용한 지능형 트레이딩 시스템 개발", 지능정보연구, 제16권, 제1호, pp.71-92, 2010.
- 안현철, 이형용, "투자의사결정 지원을 위한 유전자 알고리즘 기반의 다중인공지능기법 결합 모형", e-비즈니스 연구, 제10권, 제1호, pp.267-288, 2009.
- M. C. Chan, C. C. Wong, and C. C. Lam, "Financial Time Series Forecasting by Neural Network Using Conjugate Gradient Learning Algorithm and Multiple Linear Regression Weight Initialization," Computing in Economics and Finance, 2000.
- R. J. Frank, N. davey, and S. P. Hunt, "Time Series Prediction and Neural Networks," Journal of Intelligent and Robotics System, Vol.31, Issue1-3, pp.91-103, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1012074215150
- G. Zhang, B. E. Patuwo, and M. Y. Hu, "Forecasting with artificial neural networks: The state of the art," International Journal of Forecasting, 1998.
- J. R. Quinlan, C4.5: Programs for machine Learning, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, 1993.
- R. Choudhry and K. Garg, "A Hybrid Machine Learning System for Stock Market Forecasting," World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol.39, pp.315-318, 2008.
- C. F. Tsai and S. P. Wang, "Stock Price Forecasting by Hybrid Machine Learning Techniques," Proceedings of the International MultiConference of Engineers and Computer Scientists, Vol.1, pp.755-760, 2009.
- Vatsal H. Shah, "Machine Learning Techniques for Stock Prediction," Technical Report, New York University, 2007.
- Analysis of the Stock Market Network for Portfolio Recommendation vol.13, pp.11, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.11.048
- A study on novel filtering and relationship between input-features and target-vectors in a deep learning model for stock price prediction pp.1573-7497, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10489-018-1308-x