- Volume 11 Issue 1
Due to the customer needs of reducing cost and delivery date shorting, prompt change in the production plan became more important. In the multi period system (For instance, production line.) where target processing time exists, production, idle and delay risks occur repeatedly for multiple periods. In such situations, delay of one process may influence the delivery date of an entire process. In this paper, we discuss the minimum expected cost of the case mentioned above, where the risk depends on the previous situation and occurs repeatedly for multiple periods. This paper considers the optimal switching frequency to minimize the total expected cost of the production process. In this paper, first, the optimal switching frequency model is proposed. Next, the mathematic formulation of the total expectation is presented. Finally, the policy of optimal switching frequency is investigated by numerical experiments.
Limited-Cycle Problem;Multi-Period;Optimal Switching Frequency;Production Seat System;Manufacturing Line
- Benders, J. (2002), The origin of period batch control (PBC), Int. J. Prod. Res., 40, 1-6. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207540110069087
- Bergamashi, D., Cigolin, R., Perona, M., and Portiol, A. (1997), Order review and release strategies in job shop environment: a review and a classification, Int. J. Prod. Res., 35, 399-420. https://doi.org/10.1080/002075497195821
- Matsui, M., Shingu, T., and Makabe, H. (1977), Conveyor-serviced production system: an analytic framework for station-centered approach by some queueing formulas, Preliminary Report of the Operations Research Society of Japan, 104-107 (in Japanese).
- Matsui, M. (2004), MGM-modeling and balancing problem in supply chain management, Proceedings of APIEMS, Gold Cost, Australia (on CD-ROM).
- Matsui, M. (2005), A Management cycle model: switching control under lot processing and time span, Journal of Japan Industrial Management Association, 56, 256-264.
- Matsui, M. (2008), Manufacturing and Service Enterprise with Risk: A Stochastic Management Approach, Springer.
- Sun J., Yamamoto H., and Matsui M. (2010), A study of optimal switching problem in limited-cycle with multiple periods, Journal of Zhejiang University-SCIENCE A (Applied Physics and Engineering), 11, 933-937. https://doi.org/10.1631/jzus.A1001062
- Swamidass, P. M. (2000), Encyclopedia of Production and Manufacturing Management, Kluwer, Boston.
- Verzijl, J. J. (1976), Production Planning and Information Systems, Macmillan, London, 16-17.
- Week, J. K. (1979), Optimizing planned lead times and delivery dates, 21st Annual Conference Proceedings, APICS, 177-188.
- Wright, Q. W. (1974), Production and Inventory Management in the Computer Age, Canners Publishing Co.
- Yamamoto, H., Matsui M. and Liu J. (2006), A basic study on a limited-cycle problem with multi periods and the optimal assignment problem, Journal of Japan Industrial Management Association, 57, 23-31 (in Japanese).
- Yamamoto, H., Sun, J., and Matsui, M. (2010b), A Study on Limited-Cycle Scheduling Problem with Multiple Periods, Computer and Industrial Engineering, 59(44), 675-681. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cie.2010.07.017
- Yamamoto, H., Matsui M. and Bai X. S. (2007), A Branch and Bound Method for the Optimal Assignment during a Limit-cycle Problem with Multiple Periods, Journal of Japan Industrial Management Association, 58(37-43) (in Japanese).
- Yamamoto, H., Sun, J., Oishi, T., and Matsui, M. (2010a), A Study of the Optimal Switching Point of the Limited-Cycle Problem with Multiple Periods, Journal of Japan Industrial Management Association, 61(4) (in Japanese).