- Volume 8 Issue 1
The dynamic adaptation between various service environments using the application profiles for the service continuity is a key issue of the profile-based service continuity framework (PSCF) for N-screen service using next generation networks. PSCF offers an optimized service framework for providing continuous user services, which are multimedia video streaming, educational broadcasting, game, etc., using the various devices that are not restricted by the service environment of the user. This paper specifies the functional model of PSCF, service scenario and explains the experimental results of the service continuity for N-screen service using PSCF.
Profile;Profile-based service continuity framework;N-screen
- Y. Huang, Tom Z. J. Fu, D. M. Chiu, John C. S. Lui, and Cheng Huang.,"Challenges, Design and Analysis of a Large-scale P2P-VoD System," ACM SIGCOMM 2008, pp. 375-388, 2008.
- Z. Chen, C. Lin, and X. Wei, "Enabling on-demand Internet Video Streaming Services to Multi-terminal Users in large scale," IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, vol.55, no.4, pp.1988-1996, Nov. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2009.5373760
- Y.-F. Chen, D. Gibbson, R. Jana, and H. Sun, "Project GeoTV - A Three-Screen Ser-vice: Navigate on SmartPhone, Browse on PC, Watch on HDTV," 6th IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference, pp.1-2, Jan. 2009.
- H. Si, Y. Wang, J. Yuan, and X. Shan, "A Framework and Prototype for Service Mobility," 2009 World Congress on Computer Science and Information Engineering, pp.315-319, Mar. 2009.
- A.C. Snoeren, H. Balakrishnan, "An end-to-end approach to host mobility," ACM MOBICOM 2000, pp. 155-166, August 2000.
- R. Jan, T. Raleigh, D. Yang, and L.F. Chang, "Enhancing survivability of mobile Internet access using mobile IP with location registers," IEEE INFOCOMM '99, vol. 1, pp. 3-11, 2000.
- M. Atiquzzaman, S. Fu, and W. Ivancic, "TraSH-SN: a transport layer seamless handoff scheme for space networks," Fourth Earth Science Technology Conference (ESTC), Crowne Plaza Cabana Palo Alto CA, June 2004.
- A. Di Stefano, C. Santoro, "NetChaser: agent support for personal mobility," IEEE Internet Computing, pp. 74-79, 2000.
- M. Roussopoulos, P. Maniatis, E. Swierk, K. Lai, G. Appenzeller, and M. Baker, "Person-level routing in the mobile people architecture," USENIX Symposium on Internet Technologies and Systems, pp. 165-176, 1999.
- P. Maniatis, M. Roussopoulos, E. Swierk, K. Lai, G. Appenzeller, X. Zhao, and M. Baker, "The mobile people architecture," SIGMOBILE Mob. Comput. Commun. Rev., pp. 36-42, Jul. 1999.
- R. Liscano, R. Impey, Q. Yu, and S. Abu-Hakima, "Integrating multi-modal messages across heterogenous Networks," ENM-97, In Conjunction with the ICC-97, pp. 45-53, 1997.
- C. H. Herman Rao, D. F. Chang, Y. F. Robin Chen, and M. F. Chen, "iMobile: a proxy-based platform for mobile services," First Worshop on Wireless Mobile Internet, pp. 3-10, 2001.
- K. Raatikainen, "Middleware for future mobile networks," IEEE International Conference on 3G Wireless and Beyond, pp.722-727, 2001.
- R. Bagrodia, S. Bhattacharyya, F. Cheng, S. Gerding, G. Glazer, R. Guy, Z. Ji, J. Lin,T. Phan, E. Skow, M. Varshney, and G. Zorpas, "iMASH: Interactive Mobile Application Session Handoff," ACM International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications, and Services, May 2003.
- "Functional requirements and architecture of next generation networks," ITU-T SG13 Recommendation Y.2012, April 2010.
- "Resource and Admission control functions in next generation networks," ITU-T SG13 Recommendation Y.2111, Nov. 2008.
- "Network attachment control functions in next generation networks," ITU-T SG13 Recommendation Y.2014, March 2010.
- "Mobility management and control framework and architecture within the NGN transport stratum," ITU-T SG13 Recommendation Y.2018, Sep. 2009.