- Volume 17 Issue 1
This paper presents an analysis and experiment of the flat coil actuator with shorted turn. The flat coil actuator is widely used in high precision products because it has no friction between the moving coil and the guide. A shorted turn and a center pole are placed into the flat coil actuator in order to reduce the inductance of the coil and improve the initial response when the actuator is voltage-driven. Enhanced dynamic performance of the flat coil actuator with shorted turn was demonstrated by simulation and experiment.
flat coil actuator;shorted turn;lumped parameter analysis;laser interferometer
- M. Hiyane, Y. Inoue, and M. Kurusu, Fujitsu Scientific and Technical Journal, 2, 59 (1972).
- H. Shinno and H. Hashizume, CIRP Annals-Manufacturing 50, 243 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0007-8506(07)62114-3
- J. Arthur Wagner, IEEE Trans. Magn. 18, 1770 (1983). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.1982.1062201
- Y. Hirano, J. Naruse, and R. Tsuchiyama, IEEE Trans. Magn. 25, 3073 (1989). https://doi.org/10.1109/20.34373
- C. Dong, IEEE Trans. Magn. 19, 1689 (1983). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.1983.1062721
- T. S. Liu and C. W. Yeh, IEEE Mediterranean Electrotechnical Conference 1153 (2010).
- J. P. Wang, D. K. Lieu, W. L. Lorimer, and A. Hartman, IEEE Trans. Magn. 33, 4092 (1997). https://doi.org/10.1109/20.619673