- Volume 17 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Design and Experiment of an Electromagnetic Vibration Exciter for the Rapping of an Electrostatic Precipitator
- Received : 2011.12.30
- Accepted : 2012.02.21
- Published : 2012.03.31
The miniaturization of an electrostatic precipitator has become a key element in successfully constructing an efficient electrostatic precipitator because of the limited space allowed for installation in a subway tunnel. Therefore, the miniaturization of the rapping system of the electrostatic precipitator has also become important. This research proposes a resonant-type electromagnetic vibration exciter as a vibrating rapper for an electrostatic precipitator. The compact vibrating rapper removes collected dust from the collecting plates without direct impact on those collecting plates. To characterize the dynamic performance of the electromagnetic vibration exciter, finite element analysis was performed using a commercial electromagnetic analysis program, MAXEWLL. Moreover, we analyzed the resonant frequency of an electrostatic precipitator, to which the electromagnetic vibration exciter was applied, by ANSYS. Also, to measure the acceleration generated by the electromagnetic vibration exciter, we manufactured a prototype of the ESP and electromagnetic vibration exciter and measured its acceleration at the resonant frequency.
electromagnetic vibration exciter;vibrating rapper;electrostatic precipitator;dynamic performance analysis;vibration characteristics analysis;acceleration measurement;resonance
- J. G. Kang, C. H. Shin, S. J. Bae, S. B. Kwon, S. Y. Kim, and S. Y. Han, Proceeding of the SAREK (2008) pp. 541-545.
- S. C. Rho, Y. H. Kim, S. H. Kim, S. W. Lee, and K. K. Yoo, Proceeding of the KSR (2004) pp. 256-262.
- D. K. Song, S. H. Jeong, and Y. J. Kim, Journal of the SAREK 36, 13 (2007).
- D. A. Lloyd, Electrostatic Precipitator Handbook, Adam Hilger, Philadelphia (1988) p. 112.
- Sabert Oglesby and Grady B. Nichols, Electrostatic Precipitation, Dekker Marcel Inc., New York (1978) p. 279.
- K. R. Parker, Applied Electrostatic Precipitation, Blackie, London (1996) p. 102.
- J. H. Kim, J. H. Kim, S. M. Park, S. H. Jeong, and B. W. Han, Proceeding of the KSME Annual Fall Conference (2010) pp. 1265-1269.
- J. H. Lee, J. H. Kim, and J. H. Kim, Proceeding of the KSME Annual Fall Conference (2010) pp. 1278-1282.
- S. M. Yoon, J. H. Kim, and S. M. Park, Proceeding of the KSME Annual Fall Conference (2011) pp. 798-802.
- J. H. Lee, J. H. Kim, S. M. Park, and Y. Choi, Proceeding of the KSAE (2011) pp. 1-7.
- H. C. Lee and K. J. Kim, Transations of the KSME 15, 1141 (1991).
- Experimental Study on Variation Rules of Damping with Influential Factors of Tuned Liquid Column Damper vol.2017, pp.1875-9203, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/6209205
- AEVE 3D: Acousto Electrodynamic Three-Dimensional Vibration Exciter for Engineering Testing vol.23, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1109/TMECH.2018.2841011
- Baffle dust collector for removing particles from a subway tunnel during the passage of a train vol.32, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-018-0245-2