- Volume 23 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Charateristics of Hydrogen Iodide Decomposition using Ni-Pt Bimetallic Catalyst in Sulfur-Iodine Process
황-요오드 열화학 수소 생산 공정에서 니켈-백금 이원금속 촉매를 이용한 요오드화수소 분해 특성
- Kim, Soo-Young (Hydrogen Energy Research Center, Korea Institute of Energy Research) ;
- Go, Yoon-Ki (Hydrogen Energy Research Center, Korea Institute of Energy Research) ;
- Park, Chu-Sik (Hydrogen Energy Research Center, Korea Institute of Energy Research) ;
- Bae, Ki-Kwang (Hydrogen Energy Research Center, Korea Institute of Energy Research) ;
- Kim, Young-Ho (Department of Applied Chemistry and Biological Engineering, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2012.01.30
- Accepted : 2012.02.24
- Published : 2012.02.28
This study was performed to develop a low Pt content catalyst as a catalyst for HI decomposition in S-I process. Bimetallic catalysts added various amounts of Pt on a silica supported Ni catalyst were prepared by impregnation method. HI decomposition was carried out using a fixed bed reactor. As a result, Ni-Pt bimetallic catalyst showed enhanced catalytic activity compared with each monometallic catalyst. Deactivation of Ni-Pt catalyst was not observed while deactivation of Ni monometallic catalyst was rapidly occurred in HI decomposition. The HI conversion of Ni-Pt bimetallic catalyst was increased similar to Pt catalyst with increase of the reaction temperature over a temperature range 573K to 773K. From the TG analysis, it was shown that
Grant : 원자력수소 핵심기술개발사업
Supported by : 과학기술부
- J. E. Funk, "Thermochemical production of hydrogen via multistage water splitting process", International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Vol. 1, 1976, pp. 33-43. https://doi.org/10.1016/0360-3199(76)90007-0
- I. Iida, "The kinetic behaviour of the decomposition of hydrogen iodide on the surface of platinum", Z. Phys. Chem. Neue Folge, 109, 1978, pp. 221-232. https://doi.org/10.1524/zpch.19220.127.116.11
- Y. Oosawa, Y. Takemori, and K. Fujii, "Catalytic decomposition of hydrogen iodide in the magnesiumiodine thermochemical cycle", The Chemical Society of Japan, 7, 1980, pp. 742.
- Y. Oosawa, T. Kumagai, S. Mizuta, W. Kondo, Y. Takemori and K. Fujin, "Kinetics of the catalytic decomposition of hydrogen iodide in the magnesium-iodine thermochemical cycle", Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn., Vol. 54, 1981, pp. 742-748. https://doi.org/10.1246/bcsj.54.742
- Y. Shindo, N. Ito, K. Haraya, T. Hakuta and H. Yoshitome, "Kinetics of the catalytic decomposition of hydrogen iodide in the thermochemical hydrogen production", Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, Vol. 9, No. 8, 1984, pp. 695-700. https://doi.org/10.1016/0360-3199(84)90267-2
- 김정민, 김영호, 강경수, 김창희, 박주식, 배기광, "SI 공정에서 HI 분해를 위한 백금 담지 활성탄 촉매의 특성", 한국 수소 및 신에너지학회 논문집, Vol. 19, No. 3, 2008, pp. 199-208.
- J. M. Kim, J. E. Park, Y. H. Kim, K. S. Kang, C. H. Kim, C. S. Park, K. K. Bae, "Decomposition of hydrogen iodide on Pt/C-based catalysts for hydrogen production", Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, Vol. 33, 2008, pp. 4974-4980. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2008.05.092
- J. M. Kim, "Charateristics of HI decomposition using Pt supported catalysts and catalytic membrane reactor in sulfur-iodine process, Chungnam National University, Korea, Master's Thesis, 2008.
- Y. Zhang, J. Zhou, Y. Chen, Z. Wang, J. Liu, and K. Cen, "Hydrogen iodide decomposition over nickel-ceria catalysts for hydrogen production in the sulfur-iodine cycle", Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, Vol. 33, 2008, pp. 5477-5483. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2008.07.007
- P. Favuzza, C. Felici, M. Lanchi, R. Liberatore, C. V. Mazzocchia, A. Spadoni, P. Tarquini, and A. C. Tito, "Decomposition of hydrogen iodide in the S-I thermochemical cycle over Ni catalyst systems, Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, Vol. 34, 2009, pp. 4049-4056. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2008.07.076
- J. E. Yie, "Structure and reactivity of bimetallic catalyst", J. of Korean Ind. & Eng. Chemistry, Vol. 3, No. 1, 1992, pp. 24-34.
- D. W. Lee, S. J. Park, S. K. Ihm, and K. H. Lee, "Synthesis of Pt-containing mesoporous silica using Pt precursor as a pore-forming agent", Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, Vol. 353, 2007, pp. 1501-1507. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnoncrysol.2007.02.005
- A Simulation Study of Inter Heat Exchanger Process in SI Cycle Process for Hydrogen Production vol.52, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.9713/kcer.2014.52.4.459
- Characteristics of Hydrogen Iodide Decomposition using Alumina-Supported Ni Based Catalyst vol.26, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7316/KHNES.2015.26.6.507