- Volume 12 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effect of Task-Oriented Exercise on the Balance in Degenerative Arthritis Patients with Total Knee Replacement
과제 지향 훈련이 슬관절 전치환술을 시행한 퇴행성 관절염 환자의 균형 능력에 미치는 효과
- Received : 2012.01.11
- Accepted : 2012.02.22
- Published : 2012.03.28
This study was conducted to compare the task-oriented exercise and weight-shifting exercise program has effectiveness on the static and dynamic balance in patients with total knee replacement. The participants were allocated randomly into 2 group : task-oriented exercise group(n=12) and weight-shifting exercise group(n=12). To evaluate the effects of exercise, subjects were evaluated by using Gaitveiw System and functional reaching test for static balance and Balance System for dynamic balance test. The data was analyzed using a paired t-test and independent t-test to determine the statistical significance. Static balance test and dynamic balance test in task-oriented exercise had statistical significance than weight-shifting exercise program(p<0.05). So this results were suggested that the task-oriented exercise was effective on static and dynamic balance in patients with total knee replacement.
- 대한정형외과학회, 대한정형외과학, 최신의학사, 2002.
- 김진호, "골관절염의 운동치료", 대한재활의학회지, 제16권, 제1호, pp.1-5, 1992.
- 성상철, 조현철, "관절염의 최신 수술경향", 슬관절, 류마티스건강학회지, 제7권, 제2호, pp.341-346, 2000.
- 김재도, 조정현, 허성근, "류마티스성 관절염과 퇴행성 관절염에서의 인공 슬관절 전치환술", 대한정형외과학회지, 제25권, 제5호, pp.1438-1443, 1990.
- 문명상, "슬관절 질환 환자의 재활요법", 대한재활의학회지, 제3권, 제2호, pp.41-44, 1979.
- 유명철, "골관절염 치료의 최신 경향", 류마티스건강학회지, 제2권, 제2호, pp.227-229, 1995.
- T. P. Stitik, R. J. Kaplan, and L. B. Kamen, "Rehabilitation of Orthopedic and Rheumatologic Disorder. Osteoarthritis Assessment, Treatment, and Rehabilitation," Arch Phy Med Rehabil, Vol.86, No.1, pp.48-55, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2004.07.346
- 임수재, 민대경, 이용구, "슬관절 인공관절 전치환술 후 전문 운동치료사의 효용성", 대한슬관절학회지, 제21권, 제4호, pp.258-263, 2009.
- C. Kisner, L. A. Colby, Therapeutic exercise, 4th ed, Philadelphia, 2002.
- W. H. Gage, J. S. Frank, and S. D. Prentice, "Postural responses following a rotational support surface perturbation, following knee joint replacemen: Frontal plane rotations," Gait Posture, Vol.27, No.2, pp.286-293, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2007.04.006
- K. Berg, "Balance and its measure in elderly," A review, Physiother Can, Vol.41, pp.240-246, 1989. https://doi.org/10.3138/ptc.41.5.240
- 안소윤, 운동 조절, 이론과 실제(개정 2판), 영문출판사, 2006.
- A. A. Butler, S. R. Lord, and M. W. Rogers, "Muscle weakness impairs the proprioceptive control of human standing," Brain Res, Vol.1242, pp.244-251, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.brainres.2008.03.094
- A. Shumway-Cook, M. H. Wollacott, Motor Control: Theory and Practical Applications, Williams & Wilkins, 1995.
- T. T. Gergory, C. M. Dean, and A. M. Gentile, "Rehabilitation of reaching after stroke: task-related training versus progressive resistive exercise," Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.85, No.10, pp.1613-1618, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2004.01.028
- A. M. Gentile, Skill acquisition: action, movement and neuromotor processes, Gaithersburg, 2000.
- C. J. Winstein, D. K. Rose, and S. M. Tan, "A randomized controlled comparison of upper-extremity rehabilitation strategies in acute stroke," Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.85, No.4, pp.620-628, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2003.06.027
- 김재욱, 김수민, 박래준, "과제 지향적 기능 훈련이 뇌졸중 환자의 균형에 미치는 영향", 대한물리치료학회지, 제4권, 제15호, pp.923-936, 2003.
- A. Leroux, H. Pinet, and S. Nadeau, "Task-oriented intervention in chronic stroke: Changes in clinical and laboratory measures of balance and mobility," Am J Phy Med Rehabil, Vol.85, No.10, pp.820-830, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.phm.0000233179.64769.8c
- S. H. Jang, Y. H. Kim, and S. H. Cho, "Cortical reorganization induced by task-oriented training in chronic hemiplegic stroke patients," Neuroreport, Vol.14, No.1, pp.137-141, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1097/00001756-200301200-00025
- D. E. Krebs, D. M. Scarborough, and C. A. McGibbon, "Functional vs. strength training in disabled elderly outpatients," Am J Phy Med Rehabil, Vol.86, No.2, pp.93-103, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1097/PHM.0b013e31802ede64
- C. M. Dean, C. L. Richards, and F. Malouin, "Task related circuit training improves performance of locomotor tasks in chronic stroke," Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.81, No.4, pp.409-417, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1053/mr.2000.3839
- P. W. Duncan, D. K. Weiner, and J. Chandler, "Functional reach: a new clinical measure of balance," J Gerontol, Vol.45, No.6, pp.192-197, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1093/geronj/45.6.M192
- 김진호, 한태륜, 재활의학, 군자출판사, 2002.
- D. A. Skelton, N. Beyer, "Exercise and injury prevention in older people," Scand J Med Sci Sports, Vol.13, No.1, pp.77-85, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-0838.2003.00300.x
- S. L. Morris, K. J. Dodd, and M. E. Morris, "Outcome of progressive resistance strength training following stroke: a systematic review," Clin Rehabil, Vol.18, No.1, pp.27-39, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1191/0269215504cr699oa
- L. Ada, S. Dorsch, and C. G. Canning, "Strengthening interventions increase strength and improve activity after stoke: a systematic review," Aust J Physiother, Vol.52, No.4, pp.241-248, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0004-9514(06)70003-4
- K. Hauer, B. Rost, and K. Rutschle, "Exercise training for rehabilitation and secondary prevention of falls in geriatric patients with a history of injurious falls," J Am Geriatr Soc, Vol.49, No.1, pp.10-20, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1532-5415.2001.49004.x
- K. Dodd, K. Hill, and R. Haas, "Retest reliability of dynamic balance during standing in older people after surgical treatment of hip fracture," Physiother Res Int, Vol.8, pp.93-100, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1002/pri.276
- M. de Haart, A. C. Geurts, and S. C. Huidekoper, "Recovery of standing balance in postacute stroke patients," a rehabilitation cohort study, Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.85, No.6, pp.866-895, 2004.
- T. W. Kenozek, E. E. LaMott, "Comparison of plantar pressures between the elder and young adults," Gait Posture, Vol.3, No.3, pp.143-148, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0966-6362(95)99064-R
- D. K. Weiner, D. R. Bongiorni, and S. A. Studenski, "Does functional reach improve with rehabilitation?," Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.74, No.8, pp.796-800, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-9993(93)90003-S
- X. Li, R. Hamdy, W. Sandborn, and D. Chi, "Long-term effects of antidepressants on balance, equilibrium, and postural reflexs," Psychiatry Res, Vol.63, pp.191-196, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-1781(96)02878-8
- R. L. Mizner, S. C. Petterson, and J. E. Stevens, "Early quadriceps strength loss after total knee arthroplasty. The contributions of muscle atrophy and failure of voluntary muscle activation," J Bone Joint Surg Am, Vol.87, No.5, pp.1047-1053. https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.D.01992
- C. M. Dean, R. B. Shepherd, "Task-related training improves performance of seated reaching tasks after stroke," Stroke, Vol.28, No.4, pp.722-728, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.STR.28.4.722