- Volume 19 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
WebER: Web Based Statistical Tool Interfacing R for Teaching Purposes
WebER: R을 이용한 웹 기반의 교육용 통계 분석 시스템 구현
- Ko, Young-Jun (Department of Statistics, Dongguk University) ;
- Park, Yong-Min (Department of Statistics, Dongguk University) ;
- Kim, Jin-Seog (Department of Statistics and Information Science, Dongguk University)
- Received : 2011.12.08
- Accepted : 2012.02.01
- Published : 2012.03.31
R is a free software for statistical analysis that provides simple interfaces to other application programs. Many people are trying to learn R, but it is difficult to learn R compared to commercial software such as SPSS or SAS, and it is cumbersome to provide an environment to teach R. Thus, it is essential to provide a new web-based R environment for novice users or for laboratory use. We developedWebER (a web-based R environment) using PHP on the Linux apache server. WebER can be easily used by any R user because we implemented the same functions as the basic Rgui such as editing R program, generating the text, image outputs, errors and warnings. It is also possible for multi-users to access WebER.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- 배재동, 고영준, 김진석 (2010). R-APM: R을 이용한 APM기반 통계분석 애플리케이션, <한국통계학회춘계논문발표대회>.
- Baier, T. and Neuwirth, E. (2003). High-Level interface between R and Excel, In Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Distributed Statistical Computing.
- Banfield, J. (1999). Rweb: Web-based statistical analysis, Journal of Statistical Software, 4, 1-15.
- Firth, D. (2003). CGIwithR: Facilities for processing web forms using R. Journal of Statistical Software, 8, 1-8.
- Gomes, R. G. S., Moraes, R. M. de and Machado, L. dos S. (2005). A tool for basic statistics learning on the web.
- Mineo, A. M. and Pontillo, A. (2006). Using R via PHP for teaching purposes: R-php, Journal of Statistical Software, 17, 1-20. https://doi.org/10.1360/jos170001
- Ogden, T. and West, W. (1997). Statistical analysis with Webstat, a Java applet for the World Wide Web, Journal of Statistical Software, 2, 1-7.
- Pelz, O., Gilsdorf, M. and Boutros, M. (2010). web cellHTS2: A web-application for the analysis of high-throughput screening data, BMC Bioinformatics, 11, 185. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2105-11-185
- Scheer, M., Klawonn, F. and Munch, R. (2006). JProGO: a novel tool for the functional interpretation of prokaryotic microarray data using Gene Ontology information, Nucleic Acids Res, 1, 34.
- Short, T. and Grosjean, P. (2005). Rpad: Workbook-Style, Web-based Interface to R, R package version 1.3.0.
- Urbanek, S. (2003). Rserve: A fast way to provide R functionality to applications, In Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Distributed Statistical Computing.
- Urbanek, S. (2008). FastRWeb: Fast interactive web framework for data mining using R, In Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Distributed Statistical Computing.
- A Web Application for Open Data Visualization Using R vol.17, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.11108/kagis.2014.17.2.072