- Volume 19 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Bivariate ROC Curve
- Hong, C.S. (Department of Statistics, Sungkyunkwan University) ;
- Kim, G.C. (Research Institute of Applied Statistics, Sungkyunkwan University) ;
- Jeong, J.A. (Research Institute of Applied Statistics, Sungkyunkwan University)
- Received : 2011.11.08
- Accepted : 2012.02.27
- Published : 2012.03.31
For credit assessment models, the ROC curves evaluate the classification performance using two univariate cumulative distribution functions of the false positive rate and true positive rate. In this paper, it is extended to two bivariate normal distribution functions of default and non-default borrowers; in addition, the bivariate ROC curves are proposed to represent the joint cumulative distribution functions by making use of the linear function that passes though the mean vectors of two score random variables. We explore the classification performance based on these ROC curves obtained from various bivariate normal distributions, and analyze with the corresponding AUROC. The optimal threshold could be derived from the bivariate ROC curve using many well known classification criteria and it is possible to establish an optimal cut-off criteria of bivariate mixture distribution functions.
- 홍종선, 이원용(2011). 정규혼합분포를 이용한 ROC분석, <응용통계연구>, 24, 269-278.
- 홍종선, 주재선(2010). 혼합분포에서 최적분류점, <응용통계연구>, 23, 13-28. https://doi.org/10.5351/KJAS.2010.23.1.013
- 홍종선, 최진수(2010). ROC와 CAP곡선에서의 최적분류점, <응용통계연구>, 22, 911-921.
- Centor, R. M. (1991). Signal detectability: The use of ROC curve and their analyses, Medical Decision Making, 11, 102-106. https://doi.org/10.1177/0272989X9101100205
- Connell, F. A. and Koepsell, T. D. (1985). Measures of gain in certainty from a diagnostic test, American Journal of Epidemiology, 121, 744-753. https://doi.org/10.1093/aje/121.5.744
- Fawcett, T. (2003). ROC Graphs: Notes and Practical Considerations for Data Mining Researchers, HP Laboratories,1501 Page Mill Road, Palo Alto, CA 94304.
- Hanley, A. and McNeil, B. (1982). The meaning and use of the area under a receiver operating characteristic curve, Diagnostic Radiology, 143, 29-36.
- Krzanowski,W. J. and Hand, D. J. (2009). ROC Curves for Continuous Data, Chapman & Hall/CRC, Boca Raton, Florida. Has Been Selected, Clinical Chemistry, 32, 1341-1346.
- Lambert, J. and Lipkovich, I. (2008). A macro for getting more out of your ROC curve, SAS Grobal Forum, 231.
- Perkins, N. J. and Schisterman, E. F. (2006). The inconsistency of "Optimal" cutpoints obtained using two criteria based on the receiver operating characteristic curve, American Journal of Epidemiology, 163, 670-675. https://doi.org/10.1093/aje/kwj063
- Provost, F. and Fawcett, T. (1997). Analysis and visualization of classifier performance: Comparison under imprecise class and cost distributions, Proceeding of the Third International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, 43-48.
- Provost, F. and Fawcett, T. (2001). Robust classification for imprecise environment, Machine Learning, 42, 203-231. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1007601015854
- Swets, J. A. (1988). Measuring the accuracy of diagnostic systems, American Association for the Advancement of Science, 240, 1285-1293. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.3287615
- Tasche, D. (2006). Validation of internal rating systems and PD estimates, arXiv.org, eprint arXiv:physics/0606071.
- Youden, W. J. (1950). Index for rating diagnostic test, Cancer, 3, 32-35. https://doi.org/10.1002/1097-0142(1950)3:1<32::AID-CNCR2820030106>3.0.CO;2-3
- Zou, K. H. (2002). Receiver operating characteristic literature research, On-line bibliography available from: http://www.spl.harvard.edu/pages/ppl/zou/roc.html.
- Bivariate ROC Curve and Optimal Classification Function vol.19, pp.4, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5351/CKSS.2012.19.4.629
- ROC curve and AUC for linear growth models vol.26, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2015.26.6.1367
- Statistical Fingerprint Recognition Matching Method with an Optimal Threshold and Confidence Interval vol.25, pp.6, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5351/KJAS.2012.25.6.1027
- An Analysis of Diversion Rate by The types of Display and The levels of Delay on VMS (Variable Message Sign) vol.12, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.12815/kits.2013.12.6.054