- Volume 36 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study of Probabilistic Fatigue Crack Propagation Models in Mg-Al-Zn Alloys Under Different Specimen Thickness Conditions by Using the Residual of a Random Variable
확률변수의 잔차를 이용한 Mg-Al-Zn 합금의 시편두께 조건에 따른 확률론적 피로균열전파모델 연구
- Choi, Seon-Soon (Dept. of Car Mechatronics Engineering, Sahmyook Univ.)
- 최선순 (삼육대학교 카메카트로닉스학과)
- Received : 2011.04.18
- Accepted : 2012.01.26
- Published : 2012.04.01
The primary aim of this paper was to evaluate several probabilistic fatigue crack propagation models using the residual of a random variable, and to present the model fit for probabilistic fatigue behavior in Mg-Al-Zn alloys. The proposed probabilistic models are the probabilistic Paris-Erdogan model, probabilistic Walker model, probabilistic Forman model, and probabilistic modified Forman models. These models were prepared by applying a random variable to the empirical fatigue crack propagation models with these names. The best models for describing fatigue crack propagation behavior in Mg-Al-Zn alloys were generally the probabilistic Paris-Erdogan and probabilistic Walker models. The probabilistic Forman model was a good model only for a specimen with a thickness of 9.45 mm.
Mg-Al-Zn Alloys;Probabilistic Fatigue Crack Propagation Model;Random Variable;Residual;Specimen Thickness;Fatigue
Supported by : 삼육대학교
- Mordike, B. L. and Ebert, T., 2001, "Magnesium Properties-Application-Potential," Materials Science & Engineering (A), Vol. 302, pp. 37-45. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0921-5093(00)01351-4
- Tokaji, K., Kamakura, M., Ishiizumi, Y. and Hasegawa, N., 2004, "Fatigue Behaviour and Fracture Mechanism of a Rolled AZ31 Magnesium Alloy," International Journal of Fatigue, Vol. 26, pp. 1217-1224. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijfatigue.2004.03.015
- Tokaji, K., Nakajima, M. and Uematsu, Y., 2009, "Fatigue Crack Propagation and Fracture Mechanisms of Wrought Magnesium Alloys in Different Environments," International Journal of Fatigue, Vol. 31, Issue 7, pp. 1137-1143. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijfatigue.2008.12.012
- Sivapragash, M., Lakshminarayanan, P. R. and Karthikeyan, R., 2008, "Fatigue Life Prediction of ZE41A Magnesium Alloy Using Weibull Distribution," Materials and Design, Vol. 29, pp. 1549-1553. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2008.01.001
- Shih, T.-S., Liu, W.-S. and Chen, Y.-J., 2002, "Fatigue of As-extruded AZ61A Magnesium Alloy," Materials Science & Engineering(A), Vol. 325, pp. 152-162. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0921-5093(01)01411-3
- Choi, S. S., 2009, "Effect of Mean Stress on Probability Distribution of Random Grown Crack Size in Magnesium Alloy AZ31," Journal of the KSMTE, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 536-543.
- Choi, S. S., 2009, "Estimation of Probability Distribution Fit for Fatigue Crack Propagation Life of AZ31 Magnesium Alloy," Transactions of the KSME(A), Vol. 33, No. 8, pp. 707-719. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2009.33.8.707
- Choi, S. S. and Lee, O. S., 2009, "Effect of Specimen Thickness on Probability Distribution of Fatigue Crack Propagation Behavior in Magnesium Alloy AZ31," Journal of the KSMTE, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 395-400.
- Choi, S. S., 2009, "Effect of Mean Stress on Probability Distribution of Fatigue Crack Propagation Behavior in Magnesium Alloy AZ31," Proceedings of the KOSME Spring Conference 2009.
- Choi, S. S., 2010, "Effect of Maximum Load on Fatigue Crack Propagation Behavior in Mg Alloy Under Constant Amplitude Loading," Proceedings of the KSMTE Spring Conference 2010.
- Choi, S. S., 2010, "Influence of Specimen Thickness on Fatigue Crack Propagation Behavior in Mg Alloy," Proceedings of the KSMTE Spring Conference 2010.
- ASTM E647-00, 2000, Standard Test Method of Fatigue Crack Growth Rates, ASTM International. Pennsylvania.
- Haldar, A. and Mahadevan, S., 2000, Probability, Reliability, and Statistical Methods in Engineering Design, John Wiley & Sons Inc., U.S.A.
- Evaluation of Probabilistic Fatigue Crack Propagation Models in Mg-Al-Zn Alloys Under Maximum Load Conditions Using Residual of Random Variable vol.39, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.1.063