- Volume 36 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Pitting Life for RRP System
RRP 시스템의 피팅수명
- Kim, Chang-Hyun (Dept. of Mechanical Design & Manufacturing Engineering, Changwon Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Nam, Hyung-Chul (Dept. of Mechanical Design & Manufacturing Engineering, Changwon Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kwon, Soon-Man (Dept. of Mechanical Design & Manufacturing Engineering, Changwon Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2011.06.23
- Accepted : 2012.02.07
- Published : 2012.04.01
A roller rack pinion (RRP) system, which consists of a rack-bar and a cam pinion, transforms a rotation motion into a linear one. The rack-bar has a series of roller trains, and meshes with the cam pinion. This paper first proposes the exact tooth profile of the cam pinion and the non-undercut condition to satisfy the required performance by introducing the profile shift coefficient. The paper then investigates the load stress factors under various shape design parameters to predict the gear surface fatigue limit, which was strongly related to the gear noise and vibration at the contact patch. The results show that the pitting life can be extended significantly with an increase in the profile shift coefficient.
Roller Rack Pinion;Profile Shift Coefficient;Load Stress Factor;Pitting Life
Supported by : 창원대학교
- Gonzalez-Palacios, M. A. and Angeles, J., 2003, "The Design of a Novel Pure-Rolling Transmission to Convert Rotational into Translational Motion," Trans. ASME, Jornal of Mechanism Design, Vol. 125, pp. 205-207. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.1531850
- Chablat, D. and Angeles, J., 2005, "Strategies for the Design of a Slide-O-Cam Transmission," International Workshop on Computational Kinematics, Cassino May 4-6.
- Ham, S. H., Nam, W. K. and Oh, S. H., 2010, "A Study on Optimum Tooth Profile of Pin-Pinion Gear for Linear Motion," KSPSE, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 64-70.
- Ikejo, K., Nagamura., K., Tanaka, E. and Yamamoto, K., 2008, "Driving Performance and Strength of Pin-Rack Gear Mechanism," Journal of Japan Society for Design Engineering, Vol. 43, No. 7, pp. 388-394.
- Nagamura, K., Ikejo, K., Tanaka, E. and Yamamoto, K., 2008, "Driving Performance of Pin-Rack Gear Mechanism Using a Trochoid Tooth Profile," The Machine Design and Tribology Division Meeting in JSME, 2008-04-20, pp. 205-208.
- Morrison, R. A., 1968, "Load/Life Curves for Gear and Cam Materials," Machine Design, Vol. 40, pp. 102-108.
- Litvin, F. L., 1994, Gear Geometry and Applied Theory, PTR Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs.
- Kwon, S.-M., Nam, H. C., Lu, L. and Shin, J.-H., 2009, "A Study on Optimal Wear Design for a Gerotor Pump," Transactions of the KSME, Series A, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp. 82-88. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2009.33.1.82
- Kwon, S.-M., Sim, M. Y., Nam, H. C. and Shin, J.-H., 2009, "Optimal Wear Design for a Hypotrochoidal Gear Pump without Hydrodynamic Effect," Transactions of the KSME, Series A, Vol. 33, No. 12, pp. 1383-1392. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2009.33.12.1383