- Volume 36 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Delamination Limit of Aluminum Foil-Laminated Sheet During Stretch Forming
등이축인장 모드 변형시 알루미늄 포일 접착강판의 박리한계 예측
- Lee, Chan-Joo (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Son, Young-Ki (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Lee, Jung-Min (Dongnam Regional Division, Korea Institute of Industrial Technology) ;
- Lee, Seon-Bong (Faculty of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Keimyung Univ.) ;
- Byun, Sang-Deog (LG Electronics) ;
- Kim, Byung-Min (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.)
- 이찬주 (부산대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 손영기 (부산대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 이정민 (한국생산기술연구원) ;
- 이선봉 (계명대학교 기계자동차공학과) ;
- 변상덕 (LG 전자) ;
- 김병민 (부산대학교 기계공학부)
- Received : 2011.09.19
- Accepted : 2022.01.25
- Published : 2012.04.01
An aluminum foil-laminated sheet is a laminated steel sheet on which aluminum foil is adhesively bonded. It is usually used on the outer panel of home appliances to provide an aluminum feeling and appearance on the surface of the product. The delamination of aluminum foil is one of the main problems during the stretch forming process. The purpose of this study is was to determine the delamination limit of an aluminum foil-laminated sheet in the stretch forming process. The delamination was dependent on the bonding strength between aluminum foil and steel sheet. The fracture behavior of the interface between the aluminum foil and the steel sheet was described by a cohesive zone model. A finite element was conducted with the cohesive zone model to analyze the relationship between the delamination limit and the bonding strength of the interface. The interface bonding strength was evaluated by lap shear and T-peel test. The delamination limit of the aluminum foil-laminated sheet was determined by using the bonding strength of the steel sheet. The delamination limit was also verified by the Erichsen test.
Aluminum Foil Laminated Sheet;Delamination Limit;Cohesive Zone Model;Bonding Strength
Supported by : 한국연구재단, 한국산업기술재단
- Kim, D.H. and Kim, B.M., 2001, "Formability of Non-Vinyl Pre-coated Metal Sheet," J.of KSPE, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 123-128.
- Kim, C.W., Song, S.H. and Oh, D.J., 2004, "Development of the Delamination Evaluation Parameters(I) - The Delamination Aspect Ratio and the Delamination Shape Factors," J. Mech. Sci. Technol., Vol. 18, No. 11, pp. 1932-1940.
- van den Bosch, M.J., Schreurs, P.J.G. and Geers, M.G.D., 2009, "On the Prediction of Delamination During Deep- Drawing of Polymer Coated Metal Sheet," J. Mater. Proces. Technol., Vol. 209, pp.297-302 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2008.02.024
- Vayeda, R. and Wang, J., 2007, "Adhesion of Coating to Sheet Metal Under Plastic Deformation," Int. J. Adhes. Adhes., Vol. 27, pp. 480-492. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijadhadh.2006.08.003
- Chang, T., Sproat, E.A., Lai, Y.H., Shephard, N.E. and Dillard, D.A., 1997, "A Test Method for Accelerated Humidity Conditioning and Estimation of Adhesive Bond Durability," Int. J. Adhes. Adhes., Vol. 60, pp. 153-162.
- Dillard, D.A., Chen, B., Chang, T. and Lai, Y.H., 1999, "Analysis of the Notched Coating Adhesion Test," Int. J. Adhes. Adhes., Vol. 69, pp. 99-120.
- Choi, S.H., Ha, S.Y. and Kim, K.T., 2009, "Analysis for Fracture Characteristics of Porous Materials by Using Cohesive Zone Model," Trans. of KSME(A), Vol. 33, No. 6, pp.552-559.
- Lee, S.C. and Kim, K.T., 2008, "Deformation of the Rubber Mold by Using the Cohesive Zone Model under Cold Isostatic Pressing," Trans. of KSME(A), Vol. 32, No. 5, pp. 387-395. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2008.32.5.387
- Benzeggagh, M.L. and Kenane, M., 1996, "Measurement of Mixed-Mode Delamination Fracture Toughness of Unidirectional Class/Epoxy Composites with Mixed-Mode Bending Apparatus," Compos. Sci. Technol., Vol. 56, pp. 439-449. https://doi.org/10.1016/0266-3538(96)00005-X
- ASTM D1876, 2002, Standard Test Method for Peel Resistance of Adhesive, American Society for Testing and Materials.
- ASTM D1002, 2002, Standard Test Method for Apparent Shear Strength of Single-Lap-Joint Adhesively Bonded Metal Specimens by Tension Loading, American Society for Testing and Materials.
- Lee, C.J., Lee, S.K., Ko, D.C. and Kim, B.M., 2009, Evaluation of Adhesive Properties Using Cohesive Zone Model : Mode I, Trans. of KSME(A), Vol. 33, No. 5, pp. 474-481. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2009.33.5.474