- Volume 36 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
An Implicit Integration Method for Joint Coordinate Subsystem Synthesis Method
조인트 좌표계를 이용한 부분시스템 합성방법의 내재적 적분기법
- Jo, Jun-Youn (Graduate school of Mechanical.Mechanical Design.Mechatronics Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Myoung-Ho (Graduate school of Mechanical.Mechanical Design.Mechatronics Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Sung-Soo (Dept. of Mechatronics Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2011.12.12
- Accepted : 2012.01.19
- Published : 2012.04.01
To analyze a multibody system, this paper proposes an implicit numerical integration method for joint coordinates subsystem synthesis method. To verify the proposed method, a multibody model for an unmanned robot vehicle, which consists of six identical independent suspension systems, is developed. The symbolic method is applied to compute the system Jacobian matrix for the implicit integration method. The proposed method is also verified by performing rough terrain run-over simulation in comparison with the conventional implicit integration method. In addition, to evaluate the efficiency of the proposed method, the CPU time obtained by using this method is compared with that obtained by using the conventional implicit method.
Implicit Integration;Joint Coordinates;Subsystem Synthesis Method
Supported by : 방위사업청, 국방과학연구소
- Kim, S. S., 2002, "A Subsystem Synthesis Method for Efficient Vehicle Multibody Dynamics," Multibody System Dynamics, Vol. 7, pp. 189-207. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1014457111573
- Haug, E. J., Negrut, D. and Iancu, M., 1997, "A State-Space-Based Implicit Integration Algorithm for Differential-Algebraic Equations of Multibody Dynamics," Mechanics of Structures and Machines, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 311-334. https://doi.org/10.1080/08905459708905292
- Negrut, D., Rampalli, R. and Ottarssom, G., 2005, "On the Use of the HHT Method in the Context of Index 3 Differential Algebraic Equations of Multibody Dynamics," ASME International Design Engineering Technical Conferences & Computers and Information in Engineering Conference, pp. 1-12.
- Tsai, F.F. and Haug, E. J., 1989, "Automated Methods for High Speed Simulation of Multibody Dynamics Systems," Technical Report R-47, Center for Computer Aided Design, The University of Iowa.
- Haug, E. J. and Yen, J., 1992, "Implicit Numerical Integration of Constrained Equations of Motion Via Generalized Coordinate Partitioning," ASME Journal of Mechanical Design, Vol. 114, pp. 296-304. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2916946
- Haug, E. J., Negrut, D. and Iancu, M., 1997, "A State-Space-Based Implicit Integration Algorithm for Differential-Algebraic Equations of Multibody Dynamics," Mechanics of Structures and Machines, 25(3), pp. 311-334. https://doi.org/10.1080/08905459708905292
- Rudranarayan, M. M., Kishor, D. B. and Kurt, S. A., 2007, "A Divide-and-Conquer Direct Differentiation Approach for Multibody System Sensitivity Analysis," Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, Vol. 35, No. 5, pp. 413-429. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00158-007-0142-2
- Cuadrado, J., Dopico, D., Barreiro, A. and Delgado, E., 2009, "Real-Time State Observers Based on Multibody Models and the Extended Kalman Filter," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 894-900. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-009-0308-5
- CADSI, 1993, DADS User's Manual.
- MSC.software Inc., 2005, ADAMS 2005 manual.
- Maplesoft, 2010, Maple 14 the Essential Tool for Mathematics and Modeling User Manual.