- Volume 36 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Variation of Fatigue Properties in Nanoskinned Ti-6Al-4V - Rotating Bending and Axial Loading Tension-Compression Cycle -
Ti-6Al-4V 재의 UNSM 처리에 의한 피로특성변화 - 회전굽힘 피로시험과 축하중 인장압축 피로시험 비교 -
- Suh, Min-Soo (School of Advanced Materials Engineering, Kookmin Univ.) ;
- Pyoun, Young-Shik (School of Mechanical Engineering, SunMoon Univ.) ;
- Suh, Chang-Min (School of Mechanical Engineering, Kyungpook Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2011.12.15
- Accepted : 2012.01.30
- Published : 2012.04.01
Nanoskins were fabricated on a Ti-6Al-4V material by carrying out various surface treatments, i.e., deep rolling, laser shot peening, and ultrasonic nanocrystal surface modification (UNSM). These surface treatments are newly developed techniques and are becoming more popular for industrial applications. Fatigue tests were carried out using material test system (MTS); these tests included the axial loading tension-compression fatigue test (R = -1, RT, 5 Hz, sinusoidal wave) and rotating bending fatigue test (R = -1, RT, 3200 rpm). The analysis of the crack initiation pattern in the UNSM-treated material indicated that the crack was interior originating in the axial loading tension-compression cycle, and was surface originating in the bending fatigue test. UNSM treatment significantly improved the fatigue strength for the regime of above
Ultrasonic Nanocrystal Surface Modification;Fish Eye Crack;Facet;Compressive Residual Stress
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Altenberger, I., 2005, "Deep Rolling - The Past, The Present and The Future," Proc. 9th Int. Conf. on Shot Peening, pp.144-155.
- Ochi, Y., Matsumura, T., Sasaki, R., Masaki,. K., Sakai, T. and Sano, Y., 2011, "Effects of Laser Peening Treatment Without Protective Coation on High Cycle Fatigue Property of Ti-6Al-4V Alloy," 5th International conference on Very High Cycle Fatigue, pp. 369-374.
- Suh, C.M., Song, G.H., Suh, M.-S. and Pyoun, Y.S., 2007, "Fatigue and Mechanical Characteristic of Nano-Structured Tool Steel by Ultrasonic Cold Forging Technology," Materials Science and Engineering A 443, pp. 101-106. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msea.2006.08.066
- Suh, C.M., An, Y.D., Pyun, Y.S., Cho, L.H. and Suh, M.-S., 2011, "Improvement of VHCF Properties of AISI 1045, 4137, 52100 & H13 Steel by UNSM Treatment," Proc. of Joint Conference with Korean Association of Ocean Science and Technology Societies, pp. 1574-1579.
- Zuo, J.H., Wang, Z.G. and Han, E.H., 2007, "Fatigue Behavior of Ti-6Al-4V Alloy in very High Cycle Regime," 4th International conference on Very High Cycle Fatigue, pp. 255-260.
- Cho, I.H., Song, G.H., Suh, C.M., Pyoun, Y.S., et al., 2005 "Nano Structured Surface Modification of Tool Steel and Its Beneficial Effects in Mechanical Properties," J. of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 19-11, pp.2151-2156.
- Pyoun, Y.S., Park, J.H., Cho, I.H., Kim, C.S. and Suh, C.M., 2009, "A Study on the Ultrasonic Nano Crystal Surface Modification (UNSM) Technology and It's Application," Trans. of the KSME (A), Vol. 33 No.3, pp.190-195.
- Suh, C.M., Suh, M.S. and Hwang, N.S., 2011, "Growth Behaviours of Small Surface Fatigue Crack in AISI 304 Steel," Fatigue Fract. Engng. Mater. Struct., Vol. 35, Issue 1, pp. 22-29. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1460-2695.2011.01623.x
- Suh, C.M., Suh, M.S. and Kim, S.K., 2011, "Fracture Mechanics of Surface Fatigue Crack Growth by Ductile Striation Space Measurement in Notched Waspaloy," Fatigue Fract. Engng. Mater. Struct., Vol. 35, Issue 1, pp. 30-36. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1460-2695.2011.01646.x
- Influence of process parameters of ultrasonic shot peening on surface nanocrystallization and hardness of pure titanium vol.89, pp.5-8, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-016-9181-4
- Fatigue Fracture Characteristics of Ti6Al4V Subjected to Ultrasonic Nanocrystal Surface Modification vol.8, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/met8010077