- Volume 2 Issue 1
The cross-shore sediment transport in a coastal region causes the important changes in beach morphological properties. The accurate estimation of the cross-shore sediment transport is important for the designing of the marine structures such as seawalls, jetties, breakwaters etc, and the preventing coastal erosion and accretion due to on-off shore sediment transportation. In this study, the experiments on cross- shore sediment transport carried out in a laboratory wave channel for initial beach slopes of 1/8, 1/10 and 1/15. Using the regular waves with different deep-water wave steepness generated by a pedal-type wave generator, the geometrical characteristics of beach profiles under storm conditions and the parameters affecting on-off shore sediment transport are investigated for the beach materials having medium diameters of
Cross-Shore Sediment Transport;Beach Profiles;Bar Parameters;Experimental Study
- Saville, T. Jr., Scale effects in two dimensional beach information due to waves Proc. Of the 14th Coastal Eng. Conf., Copenhagen Denmark, (1957) 920-938.
- Dean, R. G., Heuristics models of sand transport in the surf zone. Proc. Conf. Eng. Dynamics in the Surf Zone, Sydney, (1973) 208-214.
- Noda, E. K., Equilibrium beach profile scale model relationships. J., Waterway, Harbors and Coastal Eng. Div., ASCE, 98 (4) (1972) 511-528.
- Gourlay R. M., Beaches: profiles, processes and permeability. Proc. Of the 17th Int. Conf. on Coastal Eng, (1980) 1321-1339.
- Sawaragi, T., Deguchi, I., On-offshore sediment transport rate in the surf zone. Proc. Of the 17th Int. Conf. on Coastal Eng, (1980) 1194-1214.
- Johnson, J. W. Scale effect in hydraulic model involving wave motion. Trans. A. G. U., 30 (1949) 517-525.
- Iwagaki, Y., Noda H., Laboratory study of scale effects in two dimensional beach processes. Proc. 12th Conf. Coastal Eng., (1962) 194-210.
- Nayak, I. V., Equilibrium profiles of model beaches. Proc. 12th Conf. Coastal Eng., (1970) 1321-1340.
- Hattori, M., Kawamata, R., Onshore-offshore transport and beach profile change. Proc. Of the 17th Int. Conf. on Coastal Eng, (1980) 1175-1193.
- Watanabe, A., Riho, Y., Horikawa, K., Beach profiles and on-offshore sediment transport. Proc. Of the 17th Int. Conf. on Coastal Eng, (1980) 1106-1121.
- Sunamura, T., Horikawa, K., Two-dimensional beach transformation due to waves. Proc. Of the 14th Int. Conf. on Coastal Eng, (1974) 920-938.
- Dean R. G., Equilibrium beach profiles: charateristics and and applications. J. of Coastal Research, 7 (1) (1991) 53-84.
- Silvester, R., Hsu, J.R.C., Coastal stabilization. Advanced Series on Ocean Engineering, World Scientific Publishing. , (14) (1997).
- Hsu, T-W., Geometric characteristics of storm-beach profiles caused by inclined waves. Ocean Engineering 25., (1998) 69-84. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0029-8018(97)00060-7
- Gunaydın K., M.S. Kapdasli, Characteristics of coastal erosion geometry under regular and irregular waves. Ocean Engineering 30., (2003) 1579-1593. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0029-8018(03)00011-8
- Celikoglu, Y., Yuksel, Y., Kabdas-li, M.S., Longshore sorting on a beach under wave action. Ocean Engineering 31, (2004) 1351-1375. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2004.02.001
- Celikoglu, Y., Yuksel, Y., Kabdas-li, M.S., Cross-shore sorting on a beach under wave action. Journal of Coastal Research 22., (3) (2006) 487-501.
- Komurcu, M. I., Ozolcer, I., H., Yuksek, O., Karasu, S., Determenation of bar parameters caused by cross shore sediment movement. Ocean Engineering 34., (2007) 685-695. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2006.05.005
- Ito, M., Tsuchiya, Y., Scale-model relationship of beach profile. 19th Coastal Engineering Conference, ASCE, (1984) 1386-1402
- Lakhan, V.C., Trenhaile, A.S., Applications in Coastal Modelling. Elsevier Science B.V., Amsterdam, The Netherlands., (1989)
- Wang, X., Lin, L.H. Wang, H., Scaling effects on beach response physical model. 24th Coastal Engineering Conference, ASCE., (1994)
- King, C.A.M., Beaches and Coasts, 2nd ed., St. Martin's Press, New York, (1972) 314-334
- 1. Predicting temporal rate coefficient of bar volume using hybrid artificial intelligence approaches 2017, doi:10.5574/IJOSE.2012.2.1.001